Look up Exchange Mail box name from NT account name

Look up Exchange Mail box name from NT account name

Post by Matthew T. Adam » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I found that no, you can't.  I actually had to store the alias for the
Exchange mailbox I wanted to access in a two-field table consisting of NT
login name and Exchange alias.  The alias is the only way I've found to
access the Exchange information.  (If you're using Site Server
Personalization & Membership, you can use one of the existing attributes of
the default directory called mailBoxLocation to store this value.
Otherwise, you have to store it somewhere for yourself.)

BTW, don't go changing Exchange aliases in the administrator; it gets
something out of sync with LDAP access to the directory, and the only
solution is to delete the mailbox and recreate it.  (I had to do this with
my Exchange account after changing the alias.)

Matthew