<<SMTP relay

Post by Fitton, Stephe » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Help please.  I have users who are trying to send through the exchange
5.5 server via a LINUX box.  I have manipulated the Routing Tab every
way I can think of but it still won't relay the messages.  Is there
something I am missing or does something on the LINUX box have to be
set?

<<SMTP relay

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>Help please.  I have users who are trying to send through the exchange
>5.5 server via a LINUX box.  I have manipulated the Routing Tab every
>way I can think of but it still won't relay the messages.  Is there
>something I am missing or does something on the LINUX box have to be
>set?

SMTP is SMTP. Telling us that you've "manipulated the Routing Tab
every way I can think of" doesn't tel us what you've done, or what
state the controls are in now.

Start the regedt32 program and tell us the contents of these rgistry
keys:

  RelayFlags
  RelayAllowList
  RelayDenyList
  RelayLocalIPList

Then tell us the IP address of the Linux machine.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

<<SMTP relay

Post by Fitton, Stephe » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

On the Routing tab of the IMS there are 3 options in the Edit Routing
Table Entry.  What I meant to say is that I tried using anyone of the 3
options to no success.   "Reroute incoming SMTP mail" is selected on the
server.  I am trying to get mail generated by the LINUX box, NOC, to
forward mail to the exchange server for delivery.  Mail comes
noc.newed...com
Posted At: Monday, March 06, 2000 8:48 PM
Posted To: admin
Conversation: <<SMTP relay
Subject: Re: <<SMTP relay

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>On the Routing tab of the IMS there are 3 options in the Edit Routing
>Table Entry.  What I meant to say is that I tried using anyone of the 3
>options to no success.   "Reroute incoming SMTP mail" is selected on the
>server.  I am trying to get mail generated by the LINUX box, NOC, to
>forward mail to the exchange server for delivery.  Mail comes
>noc.newed...com

Uncheck all the boxes. Then check the "Hosts and clients with these IP
addresses" and put the IP address of the Linux server in there. Use a
network mask of 255.255.255.255. Then stop and restart the IMS.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

<<SMTP relay

Post by Fitton, Stephe » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for the assistance.  By the time I got back to them, they decided
to use another UNIX box with SMTP on it.  But I set up my mail server
the way you suggested and I hope to try it out anyway.
Thanks once again.
Posted At: Tuesday, March 07, 2000 1:28 PM
Posted To: admin
Conversation: <<SMTP relay

>On the Routing tab of the IMS there are 3 options in the Edit Routing
>Table Entry.  What I meant to say is that I tried using anyone of the 3
>options to no success.   "Reroute incoming SMTP mail" is selected on
the
>server.  I am trying to get mail generated by the LINUX box, NOC, to
>forward mail to the exchange server for delivery.  Mail comes
>noc.newed...com

Uncheck all the boxes. Then check the "Hosts and clients with these IP
addresses" and put the IP address of the Linux server in there. Use a
network mask of 255.255.255.255. Then stop and restart the IMS.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. SMTP RELAY <<<<<<<<<<<<<,

Hi,

i have exchange 5.0, and some user from outside are spamming through my
email server.  How can i turn off SMTP relay on the exchange 5.0 - i know
exchange 5.5 has a checkbox to do this, but not 5.0

any ideas?

thanks!

2. Exchange Services Hanging

3. SMTP RELAY<<<<<<<<,

4. empty mailbox

5. smtp relay <<<<<<<<<<<<<

6. Disabling email account

8. Add "send as permission or send rights" to Public Folder folders via RULES

9. SMTP RELAY TURNING OFF <<<<<

10. >>>>>OWA HELP!!<<<<<<<

12. >>>>OWA Unable to Get Inbox -- GRRRR!!!!!<<<<<

13. SMTP relay through Exchange server <>