Getting rid of newsgroup folders

Post by Rod Arche » Sat, 06 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have Exchange server 5.5 (trial version) working in a testing environment
and installed the newsserver (using msnews.microsoft.com) newsfeed.
My problem now is I can't get rid of it.  All of the folders in my public
folders section refuse to be deleted.  When I select them there is no delete
option and when I select the group and get the delete option, the advice box
comes up and says "That object no longer exists"
Thanks in advance for the help.

Rod

Getting rid of newsgroup folders

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 07 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Maybe from client?

> I have Exchange server 5.5 (trial version) working in a testing environment
> and installed the newsserver (using msnews.microsoft.com) newsfeed.
> My problem now is I can't get rid of it.  All of the folders in my public
> folders section refuse to be deleted.  When I select them there is no delete
> option and when I select the group and get the delete option, the advice box
> comes up and says "That object no longer exists"
> Thanks in advance for the help.

> Rod

Getting rid of newsgroup folders

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Mon, 08 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Before you can delete the folders you must be sure you've

1. Unsubscribe from the newsgroups.
2. Stopped the service

Once you've done that you can delete the folders from the client. You will not however be able to delete the root folder.

___________________________
Wesley H. Peace III

Microsoft Exchange/BackOffice MVP
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle' - Fr. James Keller

>I have Exchange server 5.5 (trial version) working in a testing environment
>and installed the newsserver (using msnews.microsoft.com) newsfeed.
>My problem now is I can't get rid of it.  All of the folders in my public
>folders section refuse to be deleted.  When I select them there is no delete
>option and when I select the group and get the delete option, the advice box
>comes up and says "That object no longer exists"
>Thanks in advance for the help.

>Rod

1. Getting Rid of a Newsgroup/Newsfeed

I really did it this time. I added the MS Newsgroups to my Exchange Server
public folders. I was just fooing around. Now I cannot delete them. I tried
the newsgroup heirarchy thing, but it didn't even show them. I tried
removing the newsfeed connector, but even after that the groups stayed
visible in my Internet Newsgroups folder. I want to get rid of them.

Help!!

--
Richard A. McBride, MCSE
ClubWin, ClubIE, MS Beta ID 115037

2. Exchange 5.5 - NDR for long messages.

3. Can't get rid of the Internet Newsgroups public folder

4. Internal Mail not being delivered and sits on the USERS inbox on the servers

5. Public folders

6. stuck messages in local delivery

7. Getting Rid of Personal Folders but don't show up as Service

8. Getting Rid of Personal Folders

9. Getting rid of old Public Folder objects