Slow Performance after moving to a new site and moving to a new server

Slow Performance after moving to a new site and moving to a new server

Post by Lisa Lewi » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

We have some users who are experiencing a delay with Outlook. It can be very
slow and appears to hang when checking names in the global address book.
We have tried applying service pack 6 to the individual machines as well as
upgrading from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2000.
Original configuration was 1 server (A) for all our users. 5.5 w/sp3.
We set up a new primary site (A1) and moved all the mailboxes to the new
site. We then rebuilt the first primary server (A) and made it a secondary
server (A2) in the new site we created. We have apx. 160 total users. We
moved apx. 75 of the users mailboxes to the 2nd server and then relocated in
a different building. Connection is VPN via DSL.
Both servers are running NT 4.0 with SP6 and Exchange version 5.5 with SP3.
We have some users who are also experiencing this problem who didn't have
their mailbox moved to the 2nd server.

Thanks.

Lisa Lewis
Network Adminitrator

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>We have some users who are experiencing a delay with Outlook. It can be very
>slow and appears to hang when checking names in the global address book.
>We have tried applying service pack 6 to the individual machines as well as
>upgrading from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2000.
>Original configuration was 1 server (A) for all our users. 5.5 w/sp3.
>We set up a new primary site (A1) and moved all the mailboxes to the new
>site. We then rebuilt the first primary server (A) and made it a secondary
>server (A2) in the new site we created. We have apx. 160 total users. We
>moved apx. 75 of the users mailboxes to the 2nd server and then relocated in
>a different building. Connection is VPN via DSL.
>Both servers are running NT 4.0 with SP6 and Exchange version 5.5 with SP3.
>We have some users who are also experiencing this problem who didn't have
>their mailbox moved to the 2nd server.

You _may_ be having a problem with public folder access. Take one of
the slow clients and create a *NEW* MAPI profile for that user. Don't
copy the existing profile, create a brand new one. See if the slowness
goes away.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. After Server move to new Site - Server shows in old and new site

Organization consists of First Exchange server in main site EX5.5 STD
SP2 running IMC

4 Other sites each with one server over 64k leased lines.

2 servers are showing up both in the original site and in thier
correct site

Looks like the directory synchronisation is in a mess - can anyone
help with solutions for this

Would the Knowledge consistency checker be the correct tool to use ?

Any Thoughts , Suggestions welcomed

Thanks for any Assistance  Brian

2. Public Folders Forms Library ?

3. Moving Exchange to New Server, New Domain, New Site

4. Disclaimer to Outgoing SMTP Messages in Visual Basic Script

5. Moving mailboxes from an old server to a new server in a new site

6. Exchange Server 5.5 Error installing Internet Mail Service

7. Moving clients to new Exchanger server in new site

8. CC:Mail Question: "Do Not have the permission to send on behalf of a user"

9. Moving clients to a new Exchange server in a new site

10. Moving Exchange server to new site + new domain [HELP]

11. moving mailboxes to new server in a new site

12. moving logon and mailbox to a new server in a new site

13. Creating a new site and moving an existing server from another site