Dispatch on the Exchange Server?

Post by DennisB [MVP » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

is the dispatch for msmail or for the shadow po on the exchange server?

Quote:> Is there any way I can run a dispatch process on the Exchange server as
part

Post by Matthew Wester » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Is there any way I can run a dispatch process on the Exchange server as part
of exchange for dirsync.  It's a crock that I have to run dispatch on a dos
box just to get dirsync to work.  Similar type thing to the MSMail connector
thing that runs inside exchange.
Matthew

Dispatch on the Exchange Server?

Post by Kimmo Bergius [MVP » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

You can run Dispatch on an NT machine by obtaining a copy of the MSMail MMTA
for NT (Multitasking MTA for NT). This thing includes a copy of the
EXTERNAL.EXE program as well as the DISPATCH.EXE program intended tobe run
on an NT machine. Thing comes with MSMail 3.5, but I think it is also
available separately.

In other words, it is possible to do what you are asking, but not with
Exchange; you need an additional piece of MSmail.

Cheers,
Kimmo

Quote:> Is there any way I can run a dispatch process on the Exchange server as
part
> of exchange for dirsync.  It's a crock that I have to run dispatch on a
dos
> box just to get dirsync to work.  Similar type thing to the MSMail
connector
> thing that runs inside exchange.
> Matthew

Dispatch on the Exchange Server?

Post by Matthew Wester » Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:00:00

It's for the real MSMail PO.
I have a problem that dispatch and external on the same dos box - it keeps
crashing and running out of memory etc.
Matt

1. Exchange Server doing the job of the MSMail External and Dispatch programs

I have 28 MSMail postoffices
I have 1 Exchange server

Currently my Exchange server connects to all MSMail postoffices via an
MSMail connector linked to one MSMail postoffice.  The Exchange server
acts as a DirSync requestor.

The MSMail external and dispatch programs run on two dedicated machines and
due to the number of postoffices that exist we are pushing the limit of
these programs and they are proofing to be the weak link.

What I want to do is replace the two dedicated machines running the MSMail
external and dispatch programs with a dedicated Exchange server which I
also want to become the DirSync server.

Does anyone have this sort of setup already?
Has it proofed successful?
Are there are pitfalls?
In your opinion is it a good solution in my situation?

I would really appreciate any advice you could give me.

Mary Hill
Senior Analyst/Programmer,  Administrative Computing
Sheffield Hallam University,  Surrey Building,  Pond Street
Sheffield,  S1 1WB,  UK

Tel:            (+44)  114 253 3051
Fax:            (+44)  114 253 3577

2. Failed emails

3. Exchange as POP3 server

4. Exchange Dispatch / Auto Reply

5. Disappearing and Reappearing emails form clients inboxes

6. dispatch of masses of Mail with Exchange 5.5

7. exchange 2000 and outlook XP

8. Exchange and Dispatch

9. MS Mail Dispatch program and Exchange.

10. MS MAIL Dispatch not working

11. Dispatch Services for NT 4.0

12. DirSynch-Dispatch