Publish the ms exchange Global Address List on the web

Publish the ms exchange Global Address List on the web

Post by Big Dad » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:27:06

Is it possible to publish the ms exchange 2000 GAL(global access list)
dynamically on the internet? I don't want to create a separate
directory with all the information already in Active Directory on my
intranet.

TIA

Publish the ms exchange Global Address List on the web

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 16:18:15

E2K does not have its own Directory. It uses AD and you have to publish AD, not
Exchange 2000 GAL.

--
Corrections are welcome.
Please keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

Kirill

Publish the ms exchange Global Address List on the web

Post by Big Dad » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 07:47:48

Yes, I know...I meant is there a way of publishing the Active
directory or LDAP GAL (global address book) dynamically? I have an
intranet and want to let the users do a web based directory lookup. I
think CPS Systems has something along these lines in a commercial
product available, but I'd think that more people would like to have
this and was looking for some GPL code like an applet or something do
do this lookup.

Thanks for your response...

bigdaddy.

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 09:38:57

>Yes, I know...I meant is there a way of publishing the Active
>directory or LDAP GAL (global address book) dynamically?

The GAL is dynamic. If you want to see the LDAP query that would
produce the set of objects, have a look at the property page of the
"Default Global Address List".

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP