How Do I Turn Off Mail Relay?

Post by Leo Perrer » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 04:08:20

Can you tell me how to turn off the mail relay on
Exchange 2000?

Thanks Again,

Leo

How Do I Turn Off Mail Relay?

Post by Dave Howe [MSFT » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 04:19:07

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:08:20 -0700, "Leo Perrero"

>Can you tell me how to turn off the mail relay on
>Exchange 2000?

>Thanks Again,

>Leo

310380 HOW TO: Prevent Exchange 2000 from Being Used as a Mail Relay
in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310380

This article also references other useful articles at the bottom of
the information provided.

Hope this helps!

---

Dave Howe
Microsoft PSS

How Do I Turn Off Mail Relay?

Post by Wizar » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:27:57

E2K does relay mail for authenticated user only, by default.

Wizard

Quote:> Can you tell me how to turn off the mail relay on
> Exchange 2000?

> Thanks Again,

> Leo

1. turn off mail relay,or forwarding

Hello, one of my buddies told me i need to turn off mail relay or
forwarding, so spammers cant take control of my box, anyone know where this
is...thanks

---

2. can send email but cant receive

3. Turning off Relaying and allowing Multiple SMTP Domains

4. faxing with exchange client 4

5. How to turn off SMTP Relay

6. London-Based MS Exchange Expert Required

7. How to turn off SMTP RELAY on Exchange Server v5.x

8. Shring across servers

9. NDR...But relaying has been turned off

10. Turn Off SMTP Relay

11. Relay access turned off prevents POP3 access???

12. Turn off relaying?

13. Turning off internet mail to a few users