free/busy issues...

Post by joe use » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 04:19:42

A user is receiving free/busy issues, white bar w/backslashes,  Microsoft
pretty much says it's possibly a corrupt "Emsmdb32.dll" file and that the
Outlook SR1 will take care of it.

However, we do not have the option of installing SR1 because of attachment
restrictions.  Does anyone know of any known issues replacing the
"Emsmdb32.dll" file with a current/newer version?

Joe

free/busy issues...

Post by Chris Scharff [MVP » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 04:25:16

>A user is receiving free/busy issues, white bar w/backslashes,  Microsoft
>pretty much says it's possibly a corrupt "Emsmdb32.dll" file and that the
>Outlook SR1 will take care of it.

>However, we do not have the option of installing SR1 because of attachment
>restrictions.  Does anyone know of any known issues replacing the
>"Emsmdb32.dll" file with a current/newer version?

I didn't think SR1 included the attachment restrictions..

Chris
--
Chris Scharff
Senior Sales Engineer

Exchange FAQs: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

free/busy issues...

Post by Milly Staples - [MVP - Outlook » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 05:24:18

You are correct Sir!  SR-1 does not have the security restrictions but it is
a pre-requisite for installing SP-2 which does include them.

--
Milly Staples [MVP-Outlook]

When posting an Outlook problem, please give the version year and mode. (See
Help->About, second line in Outlook 98 or 2000 for the mode, Internet Mail
Only or Corporate or Workgroup.)  Post all questions/replies to the
newsgroups, unsolicited mail is deleted without reading.

| >A user is receiving free/busy issues, white bar w/backslashes,  Microsoft
| >pretty much says it's possibly a corrupt "Emsmdb32.dll" file and that the
| >Outlook SR1 will take care of it.
| >
| >However, we do not have the option of installing SR1 because of
attachment
| >restrictions.  Does anyone know of any known issues replacing the
| >"Emsmdb32.dll" file with a current/newer version?
|
| I didn't think SR1 included the attachment restrictions..
|

| Chris
| --
| Chris Scharff
| Senior Sales Engineer
| MessageOne http://www.messageone.com
| If you can't measure, you can't manage!
|
| Exchange FAQs: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

free/busy issues...

Post by Curt Verwol » Mon, 05 Nov 2001 02:30:56

Is this user connected to an Exchange server backend?

Where are the "hash" marks showing up?  On the users account or when someone
else is trying to view there F/B?

If it's someone else trying to view but are getting hash marks are they in
the same site?  Have you tried the /CleanFreeBusy switch on the client yet?

HTH,

---
Curt

Quote:> A user is receiving free/busy issues, white bar w/backslashes,  Microsoft
> pretty much says it's possibly a corrupt "Emsmdb32.dll" file and that the
> Outlook SR1 will take care of it.

> However, we do not have the option of installing SR1 because of attachment
> restrictions.  Does anyone know of any known issues replacing the
> "Emsmdb32.dll" file with a current/newer version?

> Joe

1. free/busy issues...

A user is receiving free/busy issues, white bar w/backslashes,  Microsoft
pretty much says it's possibly a corrupt "Emsmdb32.dll" file and that the
Outlook SR1 will take care of it.

However, we do not have the option of installing SR1 because of attachment
restrictions.  Does anyone know of any known issues replacing the
"Emsmdb32.dll" file with a current/newer version?

Joe

2. MS Proxy and Mail Clients

3. Free/Busy issues with Exchange Server 2000?

4. Exchange 5.5 & Firewall

5. Free/Busy Issues

6. Mailbox Delivery Criteria

7. Free/Busy Issue

8. Exchange message send time

9. free/busy issues...

10. Free/Busy Issues

11. free/busy issues...

12. Free / Busy Exchange ( SEND / RECIEVE Free/Busy Information ) problems