Emails with large distribution list

Post by ANDC » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:29:46

Hi,

I have a user in Europe who sends an email out once a month to a very large
distribution list.  The problem is that the emails have not been arriving.
When the user send the same email to a few people is arrives without any
problems.

We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4

Any ideas?

thanks

Post by MV » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:32:48

>Hi,

>I have a user in Europe who sends an email out once a month to a very large
>distribution list.  The problem is that the emails have not been arriving.
>When the user send the same email to a few people is arrives without any
>problems.

>We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4

>Any ideas?

>thanks

How big?
Some sites have limits on the number of recipients per mail. Remember
that just because it's a large DL on your side your server will need
to break them down.
Few more details available for the group to help further?

Emails with large distribution list

Post by qwert » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:58:04

If you're talking about missing inbound messages from
third party Internet senders, I had the *exact* same
problem drive me nuts for a while.  Turns out that
the "From" field was missing from the header, so my W2K
SMTP server would reject it.  Check your badmail folder.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>I have a user in Europe who sends an email out once a

month to a very large
Quote:>distribution list.  The problem is that the emails have
not been arriving.
>When the user send the same email to a few people is
arrives without any
>problems.

>We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4

>Any ideas?

>thanks

>.

1. Emails with large distribution list

Hi,

I have a user in Europe who sends an email out once a month to a very large
distribution list.  The problem is that the emails have not been arriving.
When the user send the same email to a few people is arrives without any
problems.

We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4

Any ideas?

thanks

2. VB? how to inner join two tables in two MS Access database

3. Distribution Lists: Is there a fix or solution for undeliverables due to large lists

4. Message Conflicts with OST

5. Adding large list of people to distribution list?

6. 2 Out of office replies sent

7. Creating Large Distribution Lists

8. Inhibit sending of email - how?

9. Exporting a LARGE Distribution List

10. Exchange and LARGE distribution lists

11. Creating Large Distribution Lists

12. Large distribution lists

13. large distribution list ... all returned NDR