need full admin right

Post by Frederick Yan » Tue, 24 Dec 2002 22:37:56

I am writing a event sink for exchange email box,

the program will be hosted in com+ application, but

I need a account that can touch all email box. I have
little experience in admin exchange, how can I create
such account .

Thanks.

need full admin right

Post by Greg Kelle » Tue, 24 Dec 2002 23:43:55

I believe that by default, the Administrator or Domain Admins group has full
rights to all mailboxes.  If not, you can add that in Active Directory.
Just pull up the accounts you want full rights to, go to the Exchange
Advanced tab, click on Mailbox Rights, and modify there.

Quote:> I am writing a event sink for exchange email box,

> the program will be hosted in com+ application, but

> I need a account that can touch all email box. I have
> little experience in admin exchange, how can I create
> such account .

> Thanks.

need full admin right

Post by Neil Hobso » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 17:15:41

Actually, the Administrator and Domain Admins are explicity denied access to
all mailboxes by default.  There are several workarounds:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262054

--
Neil Hobson
Silversands

http://www.silversands.co.uk

> I believe that by default, the Administrator or Domain Admins group has
full
> rights to all mailboxes.  If not, you can add that in Active Directory.
> Just pull up the accounts you want full rights to, go to the Exchange
> Advanced tab, click on Mailbox Rights, and modify there.

> > I am writing a event sink for exchange email box,

> > the program will be hosted in com+ application, but

> > I need a account that can touch all email box. I have
> > little experience in admin exchange, how can I create
> > such account .

> > Thanks.

need full admin right

Post by Greg Kelle » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 23:30:02

That is strange, Neil, because my admins do have that permission and I have
never added it to the mailboxes.

> Actually, the Administrator and Domain Admins are explicity denied access
> all mailboxes by default.  There are several workarounds:

> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262054

> --
> Neil Hobson
> Silversands

> http://www.silversands.co.uk

> > I believe that by default, the Administrator or Domain Admins group has
> full
> > rights to all mailboxes.  If not, you can add that in Active Directory.
> > Just pull up the accounts you want full rights to, go to the Exchange
> > Advanced tab, click on Mailbox Rights, and modify there.

> > > I am writing a event sink for exchange email box,

> > > the program will be hosted in com+ application, but

> > > I need a account that can touch all email box. I have
> > > little experience in admin exchange, how can I create
> > > such account .

> > > Thanks.

need full admin right

Post by Neil Hobso » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 03:33:49

That's the point of the article; you don't necessarily have to add the
permission to mailboxes, e.g. method 2 in the article.

--
Neil Hobson
Silversands

www.silversands.co.uk

> That is strange, Neil, because my admins do have that permission and I
have
> never added it to the mailboxes.

> > Actually, the Administrator and Domain Admins are explicity denied
access
> > all mailboxes by default.  There are several workarounds:

> > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=262054

> > --
> > Neil Hobson
> > Silversands

> > http://www.silversands.co.uk

> > > I believe that by default, the Administrator or Domain Admins group
has
> > full
> > > rights to all mailboxes.  If not, you can add that in Active
Directory.
> > > Just pull up the accounts you want full rights to, go to the Exchange
> > > Advanced tab, click on Mailbox Rights, and modify there.

1. Domain Admin Rights vs. Local Admin Rights

Hello,

I'm trying to find out whether any Exchange Administrators are members of
the Domain Admin group or whether your IT Security Departments allow you
only Local Administrator Access. I am preparing justification on why domain
admin rights are necessary and need a few companies I can reference and any
additional thoughts on why domain admin rights may be necessary.

Thanks for any feedback.

Tiffany

2. SMTP problem

3. admin account shows full rights but still can't access mailboxes

4. SMTP and automating sending email via script

5. Exchange 2000 Rights without full Directory Rights

6. Outbound filtering

7. Why do you need local machine admin rights?

8. IMS scheduling using dial-up line.

9. Additional sys admin rights needed for exchange?

10. Problem: OWA needs admin rights for logon

11. Newbie: Need to get admin-rights

12. View Admin Rights gives Modify Rights?

13. Delegating "Full Exchange Administrator" rights