Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure/ Host unkown

Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure/ Host unkown

Post by Stev » Thu, 12 Oct 2000 04:00:00

When I try to send email to a particular domain, the mail bounces and I get
the following errors:
-Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
-Host Unknown

My ISP says the record is fine, and I can do a lookup from an outside web
site and it resolves fine to our IP.  NSlookup from my DNS server resolves
the name fine.  (I will mention that we are on the 10.200 schema behind a
PIX.)  Where can I look to resolve this?

Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure/ Host unkown

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> When I try to send email to a particular domain, the mail bounces and I
get
> the following errors:
> -Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
> -Host Unknown

> My ISP says the record is fine, and I can do a lookup from an outside web
> site and it resolves fine to our IP.  NSlookup from my DNS server resolves
> the name fine.  (I will mention that we are on the 10.200 schema behind a
> PIX.)  Where can I look to resolve this?

    What domain are you trying to send the mail to?

Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure/ Host unkown

Jccstl.org

--
Work Hard, Play FEROCIOUSLY!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure

We are running Exchange Server 5.5 sp3.  We have a strange problem in
which we cannot send e-mail to a few specific domains such as
mindspring.com & equifax.com.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  Can we
assume this is an Exchange problem?

The e-mail gets bounced back with the following message: