exchange security problems

Post by mjb » Mon, 21 Jul 1997 04:00:00

It sounds as if the user has access to the Personal folders.  Win 95 doesn't
secure the pst files, but they do have built in passwords.

Storing the .pst on the server would be a very good option.

--

mjb
email: markjb AT usa DOT net

(Email address modified to prevent SPAM)

Quote:>On one of my windows 95 stations using exchange with the latest service

Post by Rich Matheis » Tue, 22 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>On one of my windows 95 stations using exchange with the latest service
>packs, when any user signs on to the exchane program, they have access
>to the original users e-mail and folders. Am I supposed to be storing
>them on my Novell 3.12 server?

You probably have the machines set up so that all users share the same
setup. To change it so that each user has their own entry in the
registry (including their own Exchange profile) use the Control
Panel's "Passwords" icon. Click on the "User Profiles" tab and select
the radio button "Users can customize their preferences....". After
restarting the machine, have each user create their own profile (or
use the Novell server to store the Win95 user profiles).
Richard Matheisen                             Wang Laboratories
Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA

1. Exchange security problem

Hi,

Our organisation has two exchange sites, one located in
France and the other located in London. In our France
office, we HAD two exchange servers, lets call them ML01
and ML02. ML01 was installed as the first exchange server
in the organisation and ML02 followed. In London, we have
ML03 as the 3rd server.

A few months ago, ML01 started doing something that
appeared to be a hardware fault. The admin located in
France moved all the mailboxes from ML01 to ML02 and
unmounted the stores on ML01.

All the services, incomming mail etc. was manually change
to ML02 and the entire mail system runs fine.

While I was away, the admin in FR decieded to "uninstall"
the ML01 server without due care and this can caused a
number of problems that I cannot find any resolution to.
Although the initial apperance is that the mail system is
still functioning 100%, there is a problem that concerns
me greatly.

I receive the following event messages, on ML02, with
Diagnostic logging is set to MAX on "Resources" under
ExchangeMTA.

1.) Only logged due to diag logging.
Source: MSExchangeMTA
Category: Resource
Event ID: 9267
Type: Information

(BASE IL INCOMMING RPC(26) Proc 505) LTAB allocated at
index 111(4)

2.) This is the message received every 10 minutes exactly
Source: MSExchangeMTA
Category: Security
Event ID: 9297
Type: Warning

The user /o=First Organistation/ou=First Administrative
Group/cn=Configuration/cn=servers/cn=ML03 has caused a
security violation. Locality table (LTAB) index: 205.
Windows 2000 error code:0x80070005. [BASE IL MAIN BASE 1
237] (14)

3.)Only logged due to diag logging.
Source: MSExchangeMTA
Category: Resource
Event ID: 9265
Type: Information

(BASE IL MAIN BASE(1) Proc 514) LTAB index 111 released(4)

All the systems are running Exchange 2000 STD with SP 3.
Besides killing a French man, what can I do to resolve
this problem? I have looked everywhere and the only
reference I can find to this is relating to EX5.5 and does
not help very much.

Thanks

Dean (remove the "AT" to send me an e-mail)

2. H e l p.

3. Outlook and Exchange security problem

4. ARCserve or backupexec

5. Exchange security problem

6. 1 mailbox 2 users??

7. Exchange security problem ?

8. Wierd Exchange SETUP problem. HELP NEEDED

9. Exchange security problems

10. Help!! Outlook and Exchange security problems!

11. Help!! Outlook 97 & Exchange security problems!

12. Help!! Outlook and Exchange security problems!