Error in archive.pst file - repair tool for the inboks ??

Error in archive.pst file - repair tool for the inboks ??

Post by Lars Hansso » Thu, 03 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I am supervisor for appr. 70 scientists, and one of them has a big problem
with his archice.pst file. He wants to find sent messages in the archive but
gets an error message that there is an error in D:\archive.pst - and a
sugestion to close all applications and try the repair tool for the inbox..
Does anyone know what this repair tool is, and where I can find it?
Archive.pst works fine for inbox and other folders.. it is only sent
messages that gives the error message

Regards
Lars Hansson
T?I, Norway

Post by Chris Scharf » Thu, 03 Aug 2000 04:00:00

>I am supervisor for appr. 70 scientists, and one of them has a big problem
>with his archice.pst file. He wants to find sent messages in the archive but
>gets an error message that there is an error in D:\archive.pst - and a
>sugestion to close all applications and try the repair tool for the inbox..
>Does anyone know what this repair tool is, and where I can find it?
>Archive.pst works fine for inbox and other folders.. it is only sent
>messages that gives the error message

scanpst.exe, should be on his machine already.
--
Chris Scharff
Senior Systems Consultant

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
E-Mail Resource Guide: http://www.mail-resources.com/resources/search.cgi

1. Inbox repair tool not working on a .pst file

I have a workstation that is using a personal folder -- and all mail is
delivered to the .pst file.
-The problem is that when you open Outlook 2000 client it does open the
email but the whole outlook program freezes.
- When making another .pst file--outlook opens just fine
-We've run the Inbox repair utility--but it locks up while it's doing the
process--about half way through.
-Any sugguest on fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

2. Alias name generation

3. PST file corruption not repaired by Inbox Repair

4. issues on upgrading to exchange 5.0

5. Inbox Repair Tool: An error has occured which caused the repair to be stopped

6. Exchange 2000 Dial up problem

7. pst File Error Advanced Repair - Outlook 98

8. Need advice for getting started on programming Exchange 2k / Outlook 2k

9. Inbox Repair Tool & pst

10. PST 2GB repair tool

11. CC Mail archive files to PST files

12. How to repair my local PST file ....

13. PST file repair