Recipient Update Service not running

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 04:22:07

Check the properties for your Recipient Update Service and make sure it is
configured with the correct Exchange server name and Domain Controller.

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange 2000 MVP

Quote:> New users won't show up on GAL until I run Rebuild and Update Now from
> Recipient Update Services.  What could be wrong?  How can I troubleshoot
> these kind of problems?  Thank you.

Recipient Update Service not running

Post by alton » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 04:43:30

The Exchange server was the 1st Exchange server installed on the network and
the dc used is the root dc.   I've tried using another dc and exchange
server, but the result was the same.

Post by alton » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 04:20:33

New users won't show up on GAL until I run Rebuild and Update Now from
Recipient Update Services.  What could be wrong?  How can I troubleshoot
these kind of problems?  Thank you.

1. AD not being updated correctly by Recipient Update Service

Hi,

Just recently an odd problem has appeared. When I create a
new user, the mailbox gets created, and the recipients
policies generate the correct email addresses. However
when I try and access the mailbox using Outlook 2000,
Outlook Express, or HTTP, the user cannot log on. In the
event viewer, there is a message that a certain attribute;
msExchUserAccountControl; could not be read.

The technet articles regarding this, say to rebuild the
recipient policies using the recipient update service. I
have done this, but the attribute is still not being set
correctly. If I go into ADSIEdit, and change the attribute
to a 0 (zero), the user can log on.

SP2 was applied recently to this server. I have checked
the settings on the RUS, and the correct servers are
listed there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Retaining Newsgroup Messages

3. Recipient Update Service NOT populating LDAP showInAddressBook

4. Arcserve BackUp

5. DC not visible in Recipient Update Service

6. eximwiz utility doesn't work

7. Recipient Update Service Not working Correctly.

8. Multiple Domain Names??

9. recipient update service not working

10. DC not visible in Recipient Update Service

11. Recipient Update Service NOT!

12. Email addresses not updated in AD, even after manual Recipient Policy update