Importing Contacts into an Exchange Server Recipient container

Importing Contacts into an Exchange Server Recipient container

Post by Peter Bevilacqu » Thu, 06 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi again,

I wish microsoft's books would contain the knowledge some of you posses.

i need to import 290 contacts from a pst file to a global recipient
container on the exchange server, for all to be able to access.

created the .csv file, but exchange as you already know does'nt like it.
I thought i read somewhere that you can change the template or create a
template for the import with the fields that are needed, but can't seem to
find this info or file to alter.

is there any easy way to do this, or is ther a FAQ floating around that
explains this

any insight appreciated.
Peter

Importing Contacts into an Exchange Server Recipient container

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Here is FAQ
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q155/4/14.asp

> Hi again,

> I wish microsoft's books would contain the knowledge some of you posses.

> i need to import 290 contacts from a pst file to a global recipient
> container on the exchange server, for all to be able to access.

> created the .csv file, but exchange as you already know does'nt like it.
> I thought i read somewhere that you can change the template or create a
> template for the import with the fields that are needed, but can't seem to
> find this info or file to alter.

> is there any easy way to do this, or is ther a FAQ floating around that
> explains this

> any insight appreciated.
> Peter

group).

Kirill

Importing Contacts into an Exchange Server Recipient container

Thanks again