Exchange 2000 with NT4-domains

Post by Hans Winzel » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 01:50:36

Is it possible to use Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000
Server with your users in a NT4-domain?

Exchange 2000 with NT4-domains

Post by Evan Dodd » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 02:17:35

Sure. See Q278888 XADM: Associate an Exchange 2000 Mailbox with a Windows NT
User
You'll still need to have an AD for E2k, of course... but your users can
stay in NT4 with this method.

Quote:> Is it possible to use Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000
> Server with your users in a NT4-domain?

Exchange 2000 with NT4-domains

Post by Luis Rodrigue » Thu, 20 Dec 2001 00:05:48

Yes.  It works quite well.  If you need help just ask.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Is it possible to use Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000
>Server with your users in a NT4-domain?
>.

1. Exchange 2000 with NT4 Domains

Is it possible to move to Exchange 2000 while I still have
NT4 Account Domains in the network?
The only way I had heard of this is through Microsoft
MetaDirectory Services, but I do not like the price tag
associated with that.
Can I accomplish the same thing through some created
placement of the Active Directory Connectors? I was
thinking that I could create an ADC between the NT4 domain
Exchange 5.5 servers and an existing active directory
domain. This would create the user accounts in a disabled
state and satisfy the requirements for Exchange 2000.
However, how will the NT4 domain Exchange 5.5 server
recive Global Address Book updates?

2. Exchange 5.5 strips attachments

3. Exchange 2000 on NT4 Domain

4. OWA Configuration

5. message filtering within Exchange 5.5

6. Exchange 2000 with NT4 domains

7. Multiple Domain Name setup?

8. link exchange 5.5 NT4 domain to exchange 2000 win2K domain

9. Exhange 2000/domain with NT4 domain coexisting problems.

10. migrating exchange 5.5 on nt4 server to exchange 2000 on win2000 server in same domain

11. Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 Migration from NT4 to new AD Domain

12. moving exchange5.5 on NT4 to exchange 2000 on different win2000 server in same domain