I have a stupid question.

Post by Who know » Fri, 05 Jan 2001 10:18:13

We are running Exchange 2000, did an upgrade from 5.5. Well, working in 5.5
was a lot easier, well, should I say different.

The problem I am having, and I know this is TOTALLY LAME, but I have a user
that is no longer with us, he had two email addresses associated with his

What am I doing wrong here?

PLEASE CC me via mail!

Thanks!

I have a stupid question.

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Fri, 05 Jan 2001 12:23:40

>We are running Exchange 2000, did an upgrade from 5.5. Well, working in 5.5
>was a lot easier, well, should I say different.

>The problem I am having, and I know this is TOTALLY LAME, but I have a user
>that is no longer with us, he had two email addresses associated with his

>What am I doing wrong here?

Use the AD Users and Computers snap-in and use "Find". Look for the
SMTP address and make sure there aren't two of them.

Remember, the AD Users and Computers looks at the DC, but Exchange
uses the GC ('coz it contains information from the entire forest). If
the DC and DC are out of sync you'll make yourself nuts by looking in
the wrong place!

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Stupid users sent stupid mails to everybody or many other users

Hi!!

When my users receiving a message like :
"    If you'll send this email to 10 other people you'll win something.."
they are sending this email to everybody( or to many users).I have Exchange
5.5 and +250 users. Incredible stupid about 50. Stupid about 100. So
everybody receiving 50 messages every time someone will send some stupidity
to one of "incredible stupid" users.

How can I monitor when someone sends message to more then 10 users ( and i
want automaticaly receive this message ) ?

P.S. If this is a stupid question, please forgive me, i'm new exchange
admin, so i don't know much about it.

Dagon

2. Cannot see contacts after setup

3. A Stupid question

4. Help: Adding clients ?

5. Stupid Question....

6. Scheduling All Day Events

7. Implementing event sinks - Warning: stupid question :-)

8. Mail from Command mode in WIN NT

9. Newbe stupid question

10. Maybe stupid question but I'm an Exchange Server Layman

11. OK Stupid question of the day.

12. Stupid Question

13. Stupid question