Exchange as SMTP only

Post by Robert Vaugha » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

What services can I disable to eliminate overhead and still use Exchange
server as an SMTP gateway only?   No mailboxes, connectors, or any other
Exchange function.  Just SMTP.

Exchange as SMTP only

Post by Andy Web » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

The Event Service.

The IMS requires the Directory, the Information Store, and the MTA.  All
three of those require the System Attendant.

Andy Webb

Simpler-Webb, Inc.                Austin, TX     "Mauve has more RAM" -
Dilbert

Quote:> What services can I disable to eliminate overhead and still use Exchange
> server as an SMTP gateway only?   No mailboxes, connectors, or any other
> Exchange function.  Just SMTP.

Exchange as SMTP only

Post by Joe Che » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

You should use IIS smtp service, instead.

Joe Chen
Network Admin

Quote:> What services can I disable to eliminate overhead and still use Exchange
> server as an SMTP gateway only?   No mailboxes, connectors, or any other
> Exchange function.  Just SMTP.

1. exchange local / smtp remote: exchange 2000

I am new to Exchange so this could be a very naive question, please
bear with me.

Some of our consultants work off-site and some on-site.  I want to be
able, on an account by account basis, to tell exchange whether the
mail should be routed internally (using Exchange) or externally (using
SMTP).

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

ray

2. IMC Routing & Fail-over

3. Exchange 5.5 SMTP Link Monitor and Exchange 2000

4. SMTP mail UNDELIVERABLE in web

5. exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 SMTP problem

6. 2 sites on a single server?

7. Exchange 5.5 SMTP virtual server

8. how to check mail from a client machine

9. Exchange and SMTP