Additional mailbox

Post by Alexander Oleshe » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 01:48:30

Hello,

Is there any way to add additional mailbox for Exchange 2000 users?
Basically, Exchange 5.5 allows to use additional mailboxes in outlook, but
can they be used in Exchange 2000 ?

Thanks,
Alexander

Additional mailbox

Post by Marc Nivens [MSFT » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 02:06:37

Exchange 2000 only allows a 1 user to 1 mailbox mapping.  You can create
additional users with mailboxes and grant permissions on them if necesarry.

--
Marc Nivens
Enterprise Messaging Support

http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"

Quote:> Hello,

> Is there any way to add additional mailbox for Exchange 2000 users?
> Basically, Exchange 5.5 allows to use additional mailboxes in outlook, but
> can they be used in Exchange 2000 ?

> Thanks,
> Alexander

Additional mailbox

Post by Dave Howe [MSFT » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 03:57:28

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:06:37 -0500, "Marc Nivens [MSFT]"

>Exchange 2000 only allows a 1 user to 1 mailbox mapping.  You can create
>additional users with mailboxes and grant permissions on them if necesarry.

Although what Marc says is true, you can modify the permissions of
UserB's mailbox and give UserA Send As / Receive As rights to it.
Then UserA can open UserB's mailbox and send as that user from
Outlook.

That's probably as close to what you want to do as you can get with
Exchange 2000, unless someone knows of a better way... ;)

---

Dave Howe
Microsoft PSS

Additional mailbox

Post by Alex Rogachevsk » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 03:17:36

Privet, kak dela.

If you are simply looking for ways to add additional receiving addresses to
each user, that can be done by adding more SMTP addresses in user's
properties.
If you need a user to swich their primary SMTP (the one used in reply-to
field) when they send emails, you can write a script to do that on the fly.
You will need to give your users rights to modify their own account
properties in order to run this scipt.

Check on the web is anyone has a script to do just that already.

> On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:06:37 -0500, "Marc Nivens [MSFT]"

> >Exchange 2000 only allows a 1 user to 1 mailbox mapping.  You can create
> >additional users with mailboxes and grant permissions on them if
necesarry.

> Although what Marc says is true, you can modify the permissions of
> UserB's mailbox and give UserA Send As / Receive As rights to it.
> Then UserA can open UserB's mailbox and send as that user from
> Outlook.

> That's probably as close to what you want to do as you can get with
> Exchange 2000, unless someone knows of a better way... ;)

> ---

> Dave Howe
> Microsoft PSS

rights.

Additional mailbox

Post by Victor Ivanidz » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:03:03

Alex,

Quote:> If you need a user to swich their primary SMTP (the one used in reply-to
> field) when they send emails, you can write a script to do that on the
fly.
> You will need to give your users rights to modify their own account
> properties in order to run this scipt.

it is possible, but very inconvinient, as real changing of primary SMTP
address might take up to several _minutes_. So you certainly could not to
"do that on the fly".

An alternative approach is described here: www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.html

Vot takie vot dela ;-)

--
Regards,

Victor Ivanidze,
software developer
www.ivasoft.biz

> Privet, kak dela.

> If you are simply looking for ways to add additional receiving addresses
> each user, that can be done by adding more SMTP addresses in user's
> properties.
> If you need a user to swich their primary SMTP (the one used in reply-to
> field) when they send emails, you can write a script to do that on the
fly.
> You will need to give your users rights to modify their own account
> properties in order to run this scipt.

> Check on the web is anyone has a script to do just that already.

> > On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:06:37 -0500, "Marc Nivens [MSFT]"

> > >Exchange 2000 only allows a 1 user to 1 mailbox mapping.  You can
create
> > >additional users with mailboxes and grant permissions on them if
> necesarry.

> > Although what Marc says is true, you can modify the permissions of
> > UserB's mailbox and give UserA Send As / Receive As rights to it.
> > Then UserA can open UserB's mailbox and send as that user from
> > Outlook.

> > That's probably as close to what you want to do as you can get with
> > Exchange 2000, unless someone knows of a better way... ;)

> > ---

> > Dave Howe
> > Microsoft PSS

> rights.

1. Problem adding additional mailboxes

    I have an adminsitrative person who needs to have access to two
additional user calendars.  I have successfully added one mailbox, but for
some reason this one account doesn't seem to work better.  We are on a 5.5
Exchange environment.  I have tried reinstalling Office 2000 as well as
removing and adding the client.  I have not had any other problems with
other machines that I have set the same configuration.  This one computer
can access another machine but has trouble accessing the second.  It pulls
up the second calendar and displays it like it works, but doesn't display
any records.

Andrew Peters
Technical Support

2. Password

3. User cannot add an Additional Mailbox in Outlook 2000

4. Exchange Client and Netware Client 32

5. Problem opening additional mailboxes in Outlook98

6. Instant messaging question.

7. additional mailbox access issues

8. Exchange Client-Profiel,services no MSN?

9. Additional Mailbox

10. Multiple calendars appearing when opening additional mailboxes

11. Additional mailbox

12. Unable to add additional mailboxes in Outlook XP