Exchange account without new NT-User account

Exchange account without new NT-User account

Post by Michael Las » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

I have created a new exchange mailbox and want an existing NT-user to access
this mailbox.
I have inserted the existing NT-user as primary NT-Account in the exchange
account.
When I try to access the mailbox I get permission denied. I tried

- NT-user-name with password
- Exchange mailbox-name withour password

What am I doing wrong

Thanks.

Michael Last

Exchange account without new NT-User account

Post by MS » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

I'm not sur to have understand all that u did.
But when u create a new MailBox, u have to create an Nt account on the
domain or associate the MB with a NT account....

Jean-Christophe QUIRIN

Quote:> I have created a new exchange mailbox and want an existing NT-user to
access
> this mailbox.
> I have inserted the existing NT-user as primary NT-Account in the exchange
> account.
> When I try to access the mailbox I get permission denied. I tried

> - NT-user-name with password
> - Exchange mailbox-name withour password

> What am I doing wrong

> Thanks.

> Michael Last

Exchange account without new NT-User account

Post by Danny Cost » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Are you logging onto client with the existing NT user account?

Danny

>I have created a new exchange mailbox and want an existing NT-user to
access
>this mailbox.
>I have inserted the existing NT-user as primary NT-Account in the exchange
>account.
>When I try to access the mailbox I get permission denied. I tried

>- NT-user-name with password
>- Exchange mailbox-name withour password

>What am I doing wrong

>Thanks.

>Michael Last

Exchange account without new NT-User account

Post by AHK » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

This is Fine Michael, You might have to wait up to 120Min. (2 hrs - the
default) for the changes to take effect.
to change that or for further explanations see Q179065.

AL

Quote:> I have created a new exchange mailbox and want an existing NT-user to
access
> this mailbox.
> I have inserted the existing NT-user as primary NT-Account in the exchange
> account.
> When I try to access the mailbox I get permission denied. I tried

> - NT-user-name with password
> - Exchange mailbox-name withour password

> What am I doing wrong

> Thanks.

> Michael Last

Exchange account without new NT-User account

Post by Mirko Scott » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

Have you checked existent permissions on that mail box under the permission
tab ?

If not, you can try to check them by flagging "show permission tab for all
object" (or something like that) under Tools-> Options... ecc., and select
the permission tab after you opened the mailbox properties.

Try also to add an other user with user permission and try to open the
mailbox by logging on with that user

I hope that this can help you, Bye Bye

Mirko