How to setup Newsgroup with Exchange 5.5

How to setup Newsgroup with Exchange 5.5

Post by Pedr » Sun, 12 Aug 2001 05:58:23

How do you setup a newsgroup using Exchange 5.5 server and
Outlook Express client.

How to setup Newsgroup with Exchange 5.5

Post by googlef » Mon, 13 Aug 2001 05:19:13

The only way I've been able to create public folders/newsgroups in
exchange 5.5 is to do so using outlook with a mailbox account with the
appropriate permissions to create public folders.

1. Open mail box with appropriate permissions in outlook
2. Create public folder in outlook
3. Open exchange administrator and set permissions on the new public
folder. More options are available with admin tool then in outlook for
this part.

> How do you setup a newsgroup using Exchange 5.5 server and
> Outlook Express client.

How to setup Newsgroup with Exchange 5.5

XFOR: How to Publish Exchange Public Folders as NNTP [Q169915]

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

1. Newsfeed / Newsgroup setup in exchange server 5.5

Help Help Help, This is really starting to bug me.

I'm trying to set up exchange with newsfeeds / newsgroups from our ISP.

The connection to our ISP has been made, and a list of available newsgroups
downloaded.

When trying to create an active list of newsgroups, keep getting the same
error message of "Error occurred while trying to create public folder", i am
assuming this is where the active list is being saved to.

Can anybody Help

Ian

2. queue.bad and queue.dat

3. Single Instance Storage ? How does this work

4. MS Exchange 5.5 Newsgroup setup problem

5. distribute forms from EFD

6. Exchange 5.5 Newsgroup setup problem

7. Resources in Exchange

8. Exc 5.5 how to setup my own newsgroup

9. Setup Newsgroup in Exchange

10. How do I setup the newsgroups on MS Exchange Server

11. Newsgroup setup in exchange

12. how to setup newsgroup in exchange server?