Event ID 191

Post by Christine Janu » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I have received the following event log message when restarting my
Exchange server.  I an running ver 5.5 SP3.

"MSExchangeIS(353) system parameters preferred version pages was changed
from 3552 to 3262 due to physical memory limitations".

Can anyone tell me what this is referring to and how do I rectify it?

Thank you.

Event ID 191

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>I have received the following event log message when restarting my
>Exchange server.  I an running ver 5.5 SP3.

>"MSExchangeIS(353) system parameters preferred version pages was changed
>from 3552 to 3262 due to physical memory limitations".

>Can anyone tell me what this is referring to and how do I rectify it?

It doesn't require any action. It's not an error. The IS is only
reporting that there's room in memory for fewer buffers than it
expected to be able to use. In this case the difference is only 10
buffers, or around 40KB of memory.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. EVENT ID 191 - WARNING

When we start Exchange 5.5 SP4 (running on Intel PIII 400 with 128 MB RAM)
we get the following warning on startup.  I have not been able to find any
relevant articles on the MS KB site.  I'd be most interested in the feedback
of people in this group as to the cause of this message!

----------------
Event ID 191
Source ESE97
Type Warning
Category System Parameter

MSExchangeIS (347) System parameter preferred version pages was changed from
3888 to 3260 due to physical memory limitation.
----------------

Many thanks for your help!

Richard Szabo
Systems Administrator
Gibson Sheat Lawyers

2. OWA 'Sorry!' Error

3. event id 191

4. Enumerating Exchange 2000 Storage Groups and Stores remotely

5. Event 191 by ESE97

6. Unable to access public folder

7. some clients hang

8. Event 191

9. Event 191 by ESE97

10. Microsoft Exchange Event ID:64 Event ID 1025 Event ID 1107

11. Event Id 25, Event Id 11, Event Id 5004,