Making lists of contacts available for everyone

Making lists of contacts available for everyone

Post by brando » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 01:04:08

Create a CSV and import them as Custom Recipients.

Try this one->

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414

Quote:> Hey,

Post by pman » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 00:48:32

Hey,

The question I have is related to Exchange Server 5.5, we
want to be able to add groups of email addresses (that
don't have Exchange accounts) from various contacts lists
but do not want to have to enter them one at a time, so
the question is this, how can we add these groups so that
all users can access the email addresses like they would
any users email address that is in the GAL but without
creating accounts for all of the contacts?

Thanks

Making lists of contacts available for everyone

Post by pamo » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:24:44

Thanks for the advice on this issue, I tried it and it
seemed to work fine but there were several errors with the
import of the .csv file, do you have any articles or
advice you can give me on editing or creating a file to
import into exchange.

Thanks

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hey,

>The question I have is related to Exchange Server 5.5, we
>want to be able to add groups of email addresses (that
>don't have Exchange accounts) from various contacts lists
>but do not want to have to enter them one at a time, so
>the question is this, how can we add these groups so that
>all users can access the email addresses like they would
>any users email address that is in the GAL but without
>creating accounts for all of the contacts?

>Thanks
>.

Making lists of contacts available for everyone

Post by brando » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 00:34:35

Hmm, I haven't actually done it ion about a year, and I can't remeber the
exact guide I used. Try this one, it appears to have the same info=>

http://www.cgnet.com/Exchange/import.htm

I recall getting errors a couples of time too, and needing to refine the
exact format of the CSV. You could also try exporting a handful of custom
recipients in order to get a file with the correct format, then just append
your data or create a new one and import.

Quote:> Thanks for the advice on this issue, I tried it and it
> seemed to work fine but there were several errors with the
> import of the .csv file, do you have any articles or
> advice you can give me on editing or creating a file to
> import into exchange.

> Thanks

1. New Contact List for Everyone

I am in the process of setting up a ZetaFax server for our users to fax
from Outlook.  I have created a contact list locally that I have
imported from our vendor list and would like to make that available to
all of the people that are currently in our office wide recipient
list.  I have copied the file to the Public Folder section and given
rights to a couple of the IS dept personnel to test, but they do not
see the Address Book.  What have I done incorrectly?

Thanks,

John

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Unused Mail Accounts

3. making a global contact list

4. Small Bussiness Server 2000, Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2000

5. Making a DL in Exchange Admin that uses entries from a contact list

6. Exchange Calendar Connector to Lotus Notes

7. Making Public Contact folder the Global address List

8. how to move mailboxes

9. Making one list of contacts

10. making EVERYONE work?

11. Address book available to everyone

12. Making public folders available offline