mtadata dat files

Post by Nancy Steven » Wed, 27 Jun 2001 00:36:12

Exchange 5.5 sp3 - on one of my servers, the mtadata directory continually
fills up with *.dat files - depleting my disk space.  A reboot of the server
creates a mtacheck which removes these dat files.  My question is - why are
these being generated in the first place?  I now have over 19,000 of them at
1 byte and more generating.   Is there someplace I can check to see why this
is happening - I have no errors in the event log to even give me a hint.
Any help - greatly appreciated.

TIA

Nancy Stevens

mtadata dat files

Post by Hunter Colema » Wed, 27 Jun 2001 00:29:07

Check out Q178021
(http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q178/0/21.ASP)

Hunter

> Exchange 5.5 sp3 - on one of my servers, the mtadata directory continually
> fills up with *.dat files - depleting my disk space.  A reboot of the
server
> creates a mtacheck which removes these dat files.  My question is - why
are
> these being generated in the first place?  I now have over 19,000 of them
at
> 1 byte and more generating.   Is there someplace I can check to see why
this
> is happening - I have no errors in the event log to even give me a hint.
> Any help - greatly appreciated.

> TIA

> Nancy Stevens

1. Exchange MTADATA dat files increasing in size

Hi guys,
this is my first time i have used this service, so i hope it works fine.
My problem is that i have about 60 *.dat files from the \exchsrvr\mtadata
directory that constantly keep growing in size, and i dont know why (100 - 800Mb).
I have run mtacheck and is states the database is fine.
However because i am running out of disk space, i occasionally remove some of the
larger files so that exchange will keep running.
Can anyone explain what is happening, and what i should do to fix
this situation ?
thanks for your time and any help is very much appreciated
Brett

2. how to change user password through ows?

3. mtadata *.dat files

4. unable to receive email

5. Outlook Profile?

6. .dat files in MTADATA folder

7. Changing non delivery receipt text

8. *.dat files in MTAData directory

9. Dat files in MTAdata directory

10. Multiple DAT files in MTAdata Directory

11. *.dat files in exchsrvr\mtadata\

12. MTA Service and Corrupt .dat files in MTADATA directory