Cisco Router, MS Proxy and MS Exchange working together

Cisco Router, MS Proxy and MS Exchange working together

Post by Steve Co » Mon, 18 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Dear all,

thanks for all previous help - the next question is how to get MS
Exchange and Proxy working on one ISDN router connection.

Currently, the proxy can connect via a Cisco 760 router - exchange is
still set to 'autodial' (every 15 mins per weekday) with a modem. The
modem uses a set ip address account with our ISP - the router is being
assigned an IP address from our ISP when connected.

I know how to configure the router to use the essigned IP address when
we lose the modem access for exchange.

We have the SMTP service stopped on the MS Proxy/exchange machine so
only exchange deals with mail coming in from our ISP SMTP mail queue.

The question is, how do I get MS exchange to use the router when it has
the ISP assigned IP address, and how do I get the router to dial up on a
regular basis - every 15 mins weekdays 6am to 8pm; and every hour
between those times over weekends.

Thanks all.

Steve Cox