Restrict Users to internal mail only

Post by Paul Bradle » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

We are running exchange 5.5 with outlook 98 clients and connecting to our
isp via dialup for internet email. We want to have certain users not able to
send or receive internet mail - but still be able to send and receive mail
internally. Any Ideas? I have deleted their SMTP address thinking that may
work - am i on the right track here?

Restrict Users to internal mail only

Post by Jeffrey Streutke » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Look at the Delivery Restrictions tab for each recipient.

>We are running exchange 5.5 with outlook 98 clients and connecting to our
>isp via dialup for internet email. We want to have certain users not able
>send or receive internet mail - but still be able to send and receive mail
>internally. Any Ideas? I have deleted their SMTP address thinking that may
>work - am i on the right track here?

Restrict Users to internal mail only

Post by Suresh Babu Kandot » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

In the IMS property sheet goto the "Delivery Restrictions" tab .
Use this tab to accept or reject messages from the users listed in the MS
Exchange directory . Delivery restrictions are optional and do not affect
the incoming messages .
If a message is addressed to a foriegn system , it is returned to the
sender if the sender's address is in the Reject messages from box or does
not appear in the Accept messages from box .
--
Greetings & Wishes

Suresh Babu Kandoth

ADITI Corp