Unattended mailbox with auto reply and auto delete

Unattended mailbox with auto reply and auto delete

Post by Phil McNeil » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 22:32:19

I want to set up a mailbox that will simply give a standard automatic reply
of "This mailbox is not monitored.  For assistance please call XXX or email
XXX" to any emails sent to it.  Any messages sent to that box I want to be
automatically deleted, and the deleted items emptied so it won't fill up.
Is there a way to do this on the server side?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Exchange 5.5 SP4
WINNT 4.0 SP6a

Post by Jim Hatfiel » Sun, 01 Dec 2002 02:41:43

>I want to set up a mailbox that will simply give a standard automatic reply
>of "This mailbox is not monitored.  For assistance please call XXX or email
>XXX" to any emails sent to it.  Any messages sent to that box I want to be
>automatically deleted, and the deleted items emptied so it won't fill up.
>Is there a way to do this on the server side?

Something like this:

http://www.cdolive.com/cdo5.htm#CreateResponseToMessageOriginator

--
Jim Hatfield

Here's another way: http://www.cdolive.com/autoreply.htm

--
Jim Hatfield

Unattended mailbox with auto reply and auto delete

Post by Phil McNeil » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 01:08:44

Thanks Jim.  Much appreciated.  We'll have a look at this...

Quote:

> Here's another way: http://www.cdolive.com/autoreply.htm

> --
> Jim Hatfield

1. autoreply message format ( auto-reply , auto reply)

Greetings-

E2Ksp3 on W2Ksp2.  Client = OL2002

User creates rule for auto-reply with the following criteria:

-Check messages when they arrive
-Have server reply using a specific message (the message is created in HTML
format, saved and closed)
-Except if from 'Me'

When this is tested, the "autoreply" is in plain text format even though it
was created as in HTML format.
Last week I tested it with the same results.  Today I tested it again and it
appears to work, but my colleague is testing it and the autoreply is
changing to plain text format.???

Thanx in Advance
OregonSteve

2. Exchange 2000 and

3. Auto Reply - Not Auto Reply with Out of Office

4. Limits

5. Auto incrementing a counter in an auto reply from a public folder

6. Change of Organization Name without loosing Information

7. Auto-Replies, Auto-Forward questions

8. Collaboration Suggestion

9. Auto Reply (Auto-Reponding)

10. Auto Reply and Auto Forward

11. Auto Forwarding and Auto Reply

12. Auto Reply Script wont run on one mailbox????

13. Customizing Auto reply for ressources mailboxes??!