looking for good smtp relay software to run in dmz--not exch55

looking for good smtp relay software to run in dmz--not exch55

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Mon, 05 Feb 2001 11:32:32

I am looking for some good realy software to compliment exch 55, which sits
internally:

1) good spam blocking
2) good performance/stability
3) not many pop3 type mailbox features--dont need them
4) potentially good fit for antivirus scanning software

any recommendations?

I have tried NAV for gateways 2.1-seem ok but 5 day retry interval not
settable. Been also looking at Mailsite from deerfield and sendamil (if it
runs on NT)?

thanks,

looking for good smtp relay software to run in dmz--not exch55

Post by Tony Huffma » Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:27:29

Take a look at Trend Micro's product line.

1)  You can use Scan Mail for Exchange for virus control
2)  E-Manage for Scan Mail for Spam control

Both provide nightly auto-updates for filters and patterns.

>I am looking for some good realy software to compliment exch 55, which sits
>internally:

>1) good spam blocking
>2) good performance/stability
>3) not many pop3 type mailbox features--dont need them
>4) potentially good fit for antivirus scanning software

>any recommendations?

>I have tried NAV for gateways 2.1-seem ok but 5 day retry interval not
>settable. Been also looking at Mailsite from deerfield and sendamil (if it
>runs on NT)?

>thanks,

looking for good smtp relay software to run in dmz--not exch55

Post by Stephen Mone » Wed, 07 Feb 2001 07:12:43

I have found Imail 6.0 to be a good relay software. Meets your critera. Use
NAV for Gateway but do not like the relay feature either. I divided the two
and have 2 boxes for scanning incoming mail and Imal doing a relay function.