Question on front-end/backend smtp connector

Question on front-end/backend smtp connector

Post by news.concord.co » Wed, 22 May 2002 12:07:42

Do you need to use a smtp connector for a front end backend setup to allow
answering multible domains or can this be done with just the default IIS
vertual server?

Thanks

1. Front End (FE/BE) Backend Server SMTP Relay For IMAP Clients

I have recently implemented a FE/BE configuration for security reasons.  OWA
works perfectly when connecting to the front end.  But, if someone using
IMAP or POP when attaching to the FE, the Client (we are using Outlook
express) gives an error like the following:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by

Subject '', Account: 'IMAP Mail', Server: '192.168.1.92', Protocol: SMTP,

Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Now, the BE server has been configured for SMTP relay for a while, and IMAP
and POP3 works fine if you connect to it.  But the FE is the problem.  I
read some posts about setting up a Smart Host in SMTP, but I didn't know
exactly what they meant and I tried it and it didn't work on the FE and BE.
I also configured the FE SMTP relay exactly the same as the BE relay.

Any suggestions on how to set this up?  Or where I went wrong?

Thank you

            -Daric Smith

2. Unofficial FAQ?

3. MS Exchange and virtual memory problems.

4. smtp on front end or backend

5. How to send a global email ??

6. Front End (FE/BE) Backend Server SMTP Relay For IMAP Clients

7. RAW SMTP Problem

8. Ex SP3 upgrade, backend/front end upg order query

9. Front end / Backend servers

10. E2k3 Front End for E2k Backend

11. 2 backend server and 1 front end

12. front end Instant Messeging in Backend Cluster