IMAP client problems with Exchange Server

Post by Rich Matheisen [MV » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>I am able to connect to the exchange server without a problem, able to read
>messages from the inbox and public folders, however attempting to copy a
>message to a public folder fails.

Does your account have permission on the Public Folder to create a new
item? What IMAP4 client are you using? How are you copying the
message?

Quote:>I also experienced the same effect when using netscape communicator's email
>client (Netscape Messenger).

>Any ideas what the problem is, a limitation of exchange servers implementation
>of the IMAP protocol or simply a configuration error.

The only problem that I can think of (besides permissions) is the use
of the "Enable fast message retrieval" on the IMAP4 Site Defaults in
the Protocols container of the site. This usually manifests itself as
a problem receiving messages, though.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

1. IMAP client (Pocket PC client using IMAP)

Hello there,

From my pocket PC client using IMAP i'm not able to sedn
em,ails out to all the email addresses outsite of my
domain. This the error message i get:

Your message 'RE: publishing question' could not be
delivered to the following invalid recipients:

Thanks for your help.

2. Exchange 2000 server offline

3. Problem getting non-Outlook IMAP client to work with Exchange

4. crystal reports for exchange

5. imap client connecting with exchange 2000 server

6. Team folders problem

7. Pine as an Exchange Server IMAP Client

8. Moving Transaction Logs

9. imap client with exchange 2000 server

10. (exchange 5.5 SP4) for internal clients to use IMAP.domainname.com as server

11. Problem with IMAP clients

12. IMAP client problems