OWA and SSL, help me please, I've fallen and can't get up

OWA and SSL, help me please, I've fallen and can't get up

Post by mostro di biscotto » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 04:44:16

someone suggested that I do OWA with SSL, thus allowing for the changing of
domain passwords

my exchange server is 5.5 and runs on NT 4.0 Server

my OWA / IIS server is seperate, and it is a windows 2000 server, no AD here

so far, on my Windows 2000 server, I have created an enterprise and
standalone capable Certification Authority  (what this means, I'm not sure)
all I know is that from a workstation I can point my webbrowser to
"http:\\iisandowaservernetbiosname\certsrv" and download a little green
certificate - interesting

seriously though, from here, how do I integrate these certificates wth OWA
so that I can have password changing from OWA

OWA and SSL, help me please, I've fallen and can't get up

Post by Arlo Clizer [MVP » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 05:16:23

Quote:> seriously though, from here, how do I integrate these certificates wth
> OWA so that I can have password changing from OWA

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q234022

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

OWA and SSL, help me please, I've fallen and can't get up

Post by Brjann Brekka » Wed, 09 Apr 2003 05:29:50

I think you might need som more understanding of PKI if you are planning on
setting this up in an Internet environment but  Here are the two articles
that you will need
218445 How to Configure Certificate Server for use with SSL och IIS
234022 Configuring Exchange OWA to Use SSL
Have fun
Brjann Brekkan

Quote:

> someone suggested that I do OWA with SSL, thus allowing for the changing
of
> domain passwords

> my exchange server is 5.5 and runs on NT 4.0 Server

> my OWA / IIS server is seperate, and it is a windows 2000 server, no AD
here

> so far, on my Windows 2000 server, I have created an enterprise and
> standalone capable Certification Authority  (what this means, I'm not
sure)
> all I know is that from a workstation I can point my webbrowser to
> "http:\\iisandowaservernetbiosname\certsrv" and download a little green
> certificate - interesting

> seriously though, from here, how do I integrate these certificates wth OWA
> so that I can have password changing from OWA

1. Help, I've really Boo Boo'd

O.K.
I lost my domain controller in a failed attempt to upgrade to w2k,
(before anyone askes No I did not have an adequet backup, I mirrored
the drives then disconnected the duplicate before the upgrade attempt.
This drive won't boot now, it did before the upgrade).  Anyway to the
heart of the question.  Now that I'm having to bulild another domain
is there going to be anyway for me to get into exchange admin and
change permissions.  The front door obviously won't work but is there
a backway?  Any suggestions will be greatly appricated.

Thanks,  Brent

2. SendTo error

3. I've been getting a lot of this lately...recipient could not be reached

4. Investigating IMS Behavior

5. Please help - I'm getting desperate!

6. Information store

7. mta won't start, I've tried a few things:

8. Missing Sort by Recipient from OWA !!

9. can't see a public folder i've created

10. Help - I've lost my settings!

11. I've broken Exchange (again) - Help appreciated

12. OWA, after I've runned hotfix, I get http 500 Internal server error