Replicated Public Folders not visible

Post by Eric Grac » Fri, 24 Oct 2003 00:15:07

We have an Exchange 5.5 network with dozens of servers.
When I set up a public folder to replicate to another
server, the directory entry seems to replicate fine but
when the users try to connect to it from their client, it
is not visible. Any ideas?? Replication schedule is set to
Always.

Replicated Public Folders not visible

Post by Malvin M. Seale [MSFT » Fri, 24 Oct 2003 04:12:38

Eric,

Are you saying that the users are not seeing the PF content or the
hierarchy? They should DEFINITELY be seeing the folder hierarchy. If they do
not see content, then be sure to check the properties of the Private
Information Store in Exchange 5.5 Admin. Be sure the public folder server is
pointed to the server you want them to use. Also, PF content replication is
a low priority thread. Initial replication can take 6-24 hours to begin.
After that process, content is replicated every 15 minutes (since your
replication schedule is set to Always) and the default message size is
300KB. If you have quite a bit of content to replicate initially, you may
wish to increase the default PF message size to 5102KB (5MB) until the
content is up to date. You can find this value listed on the advanced tab of
the properties for the Public Information Store on the server objects in
Exchange 5.5 Admin.

To troubleshoot replication, go to the properties of the server in Exchange
5.5 Admin...diagnostics logging. Turn up the MSExchangeIS\Public\ALL
Replication options to MAX. Be sure to increase the default application log
size to accommodate the extra logging (50MB should be enough). This will
help identify any potential replication problems and may lead you into the
right direction to troubleshoot the issue if the above steps do not work.

Hope this helps!

- MMS

--
Malvin M. Seale, MCSE, MCSA
Microsoft Product Support Services (Exchange)

* Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.

Protect yourself! Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/protect today!
IT Professionals should visit "Security Information for IT
Professionals" on Technet for additional tips.

Need to open a support incident?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS

Quote:> We have an Exchange 5.5 network with dozens of servers.
> When I set up a public folder to replicate to another
> server, the directory entry seems to replicate fine but
> when the users try to connect to it from their client, it
> is not visible. Any ideas?? Replication schedule is set to
> Always.

1. Replicated public folders not visible from new server

I've added a new server that I'm planning to move to before decomissioning
Exchange on the old one.

I've installed the new box, have replicated a test folder to it.  No
problems.

If I remove the replica from the 1st server, I can see the folder but cannot
access it's contents.

If I move a mailbox to the new server the user can login and is redirected
to the new sever for their mailbox.  This user can see the test folder but
cannot open it's contents.

If I re-add the old server in the Replicas tab, both users can see the
folder.

What am I doing wrong?  I need to be careful here as I have 50,000+ items in
Public Folders that I really do not want to lose!

TIA,

Chris.

2. moving exch 5.5 to a new server (Q155216) question

3. Changing the IP Address of the server

4. public folder does not replicate sub-folders

5. Connection, Connection, Connection?!

6. rehomed public folders not visible on new Exchange2k

7. MAPI Question

8. Contact lists in public folder not visible when creating messages

9. Public folders not visible

10. Public folder tree not visible in Exchange System Manager

11. rehomed public folders not visible on new Exchange2k

12. Public Folders not visible from OWA