ERROR - Database Streaming File Mismatch

ERROR - Database Streaming File Mismatch

Post by Carlos Marec » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:56:45

Hi everybody,

I'm dealing with a big problem with my exchange.

The server crashed without disk space, the private db went
corrupted, i've cleaned up some space and repaired the db
with eseutil. After that I've tried to mount the db but
nothing append, I've made a defrag with eseutil.

Now my edb files as a diferent time from the stm file.
I've looked for an answer in Microsoft's web site and they
say that my database and my streaming files are diferent
and must be as one.

Can you help me?

CM

ERROR - Database Streaming File Mismatch

Post by Carlos Marec » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:16:20

Event log errors? Lots of that.

I've seen in other questions someone that sugested
to "recreate" the stm file with eseutil.

Is this possible? It might solve my problem, no?

The command was

eseutil /p db_name /createstm

but it results an error

invalid option /createstm

I don't have any SP installed.

Post by Dave Ho » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:59:34

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 03:56:45 -0700, "Carlos Mareco"

>Hi everybody,

>I'm dealing with a big problem with my exchange.

>The server crashed without disk space, the private db went
>corrupted, i've cleaned up some space and repaired the db
>with eseutil. After that I've tried to mount the db but
>nothing append, I've made a defrag with eseutil.

>Now my edb files as a diferent time from the stm file.
>I've looked for an answer in Microsoft's web site and they
>say that my database and my streaming files are diferent
>and must be as one.

>Can you help me?

>CM

Event log errors?

Best regards,

Dave Howe
Microsoft Exchange Support

ERROR - Database Streaming File Mismatch

Post by Dave Ho » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:33:43

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 05:16:20 -0700, "Carlos Mareco"

>Event log errors? Lots of that.

No.  :-)

I mean, could you post a few related event log entries from ESE98 /
MSExchangeIS so we can get a better idea as to what's being reported
while starting the service/mounting the database.

Best regards,

Dave Howe
Microsoft Exchange Support

ERROR - Database Streaming File Mismatch

Post by Carlos Marec » Wed, 24 Jul 2002 23:50:02

This are my files

17-07-2002  00:06          664.870.912 priv1.edb
16-07-2002  21:48        1.289.756.672 priv1.stm

Has you can see the dates are diferent.

When I try to repair the db with eseutil

C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\BIN>eseutil /p
d:\exchdata\priv1.edb

Microsoft(R) Exchange Server(TM) Database Utilities
Version 6.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1991-2000.  All Rights
Reserved.

Initiating REPAIR mode...
        Database: d:\exchdata\priv1.edb
  Streaming File: d:\exchdata\priv1.STM
  Temp. Database: TEMPREPAIR2828.EDB

Checking database integrity.
Operation terminated with error -540
(JET_errDatabaseStreamingFileMismatch, Data
base and streaming file do not match each other) after
12.812 seconds.

That's the error.

There is no option to mount the mailbox store.

Some errors in event log.

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   ESE98
Event Category: Logging/Recovery
Event ID:       454
Date:           23-07-2002
Time:           15:33:46
User:           N/A
Computer:       CLISARE003
Information Store (2164) Database recovery/restore failed
with unexpected error -515.

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID:       9518
Date:           23-07-2002
Time:           15:33:46
User:           N/A
Computer:       CLISARE003
Error 0xfffffdfd starting Storage
Group /DC=PT/DC=CLISA/CN=CONFIGURATION/CN=SERVICES/CN=MICRO
SOFT EXCHANGE/CN=CLNICA DE SANTO
ANTNIO/CN=ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS/CN=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE
GROUP/CN=SERVERS/CN=CLISARE003/CN=INFORMATIONSTORE/CN=FIRST
 STORAGE GROUP on the Microsoft Exchange Information
Store.

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID:       9518
Date:           23-07-2002
Time:           15:33:46
User:           N/A
Computer:       CLISARE003
Error 0xfffffdfd starting Storage
Group /DC=PT/DC=CLISA/CN=CONFIGURATION/CN=SERVICES/CN=MICRO
SOFT EXCHANGE/CN=CLNICA DE SANTO
ANTNIO/CN=ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS/CN=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE
GROUP/CN=SERVERS/CN=CLISARE003/CN=INFORMATIONSTORE/CN=FIRST
 STORAGE GROUP on the Microsoft Exchange Information
Store.

I think that if could create a new stm file based on the
information on the edb file or on the transaction log
files, the problem is solved.

Thank you anyway for your help

Best regards

Carlos

Post by Bryan Nyc » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:18:09

Quote:> Event log errors? Lots of that.

> I've seen in other questions someone that sugested
> to "recreate" the stm file with eseutil.

> Is this possible? It might solve my problem, no?

> The command was

> eseutil /p db_name /createstm

> but it results an error

> invalid option /createstm

> I don't have any SP installed.

The /createstm was introduced in SP2 I believe.

Bryan Nyce

ERROR - Database Streaming File Mismatch

Post by Dave Ho » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:20:48

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 07:50:02 -0700, "Carlos Mareco"

>I think that if could create a new stm file based on the=20
>information on the edb file or on the transaction log=20
>files, the problem is solved.

Ok, you have an event 454 (ESE98)with error -515

# for decimal -515 / hex 0xfffffdfd :
  JET_errInvalidLogSequence                                 esent98.h
# 1 matches found for "-515"

I could be wrong, but I'm gonna suggest it anyway.

I don't think you have a streaming file problem as much as you have a
log file problem.  When a database is hard repaired with ESEUTIL /P,
the log files that exist in the MDBDATA folder are no longer valid or
usable with the database.  Often a database is hard repaired to force
it to a consistent state.  A consistent database does not need log
files to start.

After running the hard repair, did you happen to move all of the
MDBDATA log files to another folder on your hard disk?  The Exchange
MDBDATA log folder needs to be empty to start and mount the databases.

Please let me know if this helps.

Best regards,

Dave Howe
Microsoft Exchange Support

ERROR - Database Streaming File Mismatch

Post by Carlos Marec » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:40:16

OK Dave,

Starting from the begining (again)

I've a clear folder, only with priv1.edb and priv1.stm.

Now I'll run the eseutil
It returns me this

C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\BIN>eseutil /p
d:\exchdata\priv1.edb

Microsoft(R) Exchange Server(TM) Database Utilities
Version 6.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1991-2000.  All Rights
Reserved.

Initiating REPAIR mode...
        Database: d:\exchdata\priv1.edb
  Streaming File: d:\exchdata\priv1.STM
  Temp. Database: TEMPREPAIR2632.EDB

Checking database integrity.
Operation terminated with error -540
(JET_errDatabaseStreamingFileMismatch, Data
base and streaming file do not match each other) after
2.16 seconds.

I still have only those two files in the folder.
Now I'll try to mount the store

Errors in event log after I gave the the eseutil command.

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID:       9519
Date:           23-07-2002
Time:           16:35:24
User:           N/A
Computer:       CLISARE003
Error 0xfffffde4 starting database "First Storage
Group\Mailbox Store (CLISARE003)" on the Microsoft

Date:           23-07-2002
Time:           16:35:24
User:           N/A
Computer:       CLISARE003
Error 0xfffffde4 starting Storage
Group /DC=PT/DC=CLISA/CN=CONFIGURATION/CN=SERVICES/CN=MICRO
SOFT EXCHANGE/CN=CLNICA DE SANTO
ANTNIO/CN=ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS/CN=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE
GROUP/CN=SERVERS/CN=CLISARE003/CN=INFORMATIONSTORE/CN=FIRST
 STORAGE GROUP on the Microsoft Exchange Information
Store.

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeSA
Event Category: MAPI Session
Event ID:       9175
Date:           23-07-2002
Time:           16:35:36
User:           N/A
Computer:       CLISARE003
The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following
error:
The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available.
Either there are network problems or the Microsoft
Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance.
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000

Does this help?

Carlos

Quote:># 1 matches found for "-515"

>I could be wrong, but I'm gonna suggest it anyway.

>I don't think you have a streaming file problem as much
as you have a
>log file problem.  When a database is hard repaired with
ESEUTIL /P,
>the log files that exist in the MDBDATA folder are no
longer valid or
>usable with the database.  Often a database is hard
repaired to force
>it to a consistent state.  A consistent database does not
need log
>files to start.

>After running the hard repair, did you happen to move all
of the
>MDBDATA log files to another folder on your hard disk?
The Exchange
>MDBDATA log folder needs to be empty to start and mount
the databases.

>Please let me know if this helps.

>Best regards,

>Dave Howe
>Microsoft Exchange Support
>.

ERROR - Database Streaming File Mismatch

Post by Carlos Marec » Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:45:03

Can I restore an old db from an exchsrvr without sp2
in a new one with it?

message

>> Event log errors? Lots of that.

>> I've seen in other questions someone that sugested
>> to "recreate" the stm file with eseutil.

>> Is this possible? It might solve my problem, no?

>> The command was

>> eseutil /p db_name /createstm

>> but it results an error

>> invalid option /createstm

>> I don't have any SP installed.

>The /createstm was introduced in SP2 I believe.

>Bryan Nyce

>.

1. Information store - streaming file database

Hello,
Someone deleted the 2 streaming file databases (.stm) for
priv.edb & pub.edb Now Exchange does not startup properly
anymore.
Does anyone know if there is a way to restore the whole
server without them as there are no backups available.
Thanks for any help or advice
Max
PS.: I will need to restore the entire W2K server (install
it from scratch - as well as Exchange2000)since the OS has
some other major issues as well.

2. "Recipient name is not recognized"

3. URGENT - priv.edb database and streaming file do not match

4. E-mail config question

5. Streaming file is unrecoverable , Database is intact

6. Moving E2K between servers

7. error 613 corrupted streaming file

8. Outlook Web Access - question help - Exchange 2000

9. help loading IS - mismatched databases

10. Streaming database

11. CDO Exchange 2000 problem streaming to file

12. corrupt streaming file and no full backup

13. Information store - stream file db