Block incoming email

Post by Falco » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

I would like to know how to block incoming email by what is in the subject
line.

Ex:  Say the subject has "bathtub" in the subject.  I want to block all
emails that have the word bathtub in the subject.

Thanks,

Dan

Block incoming email

Post by Stuar » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

Third-party solutions only I'm afraid. Subject line is not a good way of
blocking LoveBug type emails though. Attachment type is better. We are using
MailWall (www.omniquad.com) which can do both, and more besides.

Stuart

Quote:> I would like to know how to block incoming email by what is in the subject
> line.

> Ex:  Say the subject has "bathtub" in the subject.  I want to block all
> emails that have the word bathtub in the subject.

> Thanks,

> Dan

Block incoming email

Post by Falco » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

Can Exchange block by extension or do I have to gain that ability through a
3rd party also?

> Third-party solutions only I'm afraid. Subject line is not a good way of
> blocking LoveBug type emails though. Attachment type is better. We are
using
> MailWall (www.omniquad.com) which can do both, and more besides.

> Stuart

> > I would like to know how to block incoming email by what is in the
subject
> > line.

> > Ex:  Say the subject has "bathtub" in the subject.  I want to block all
> > emails that have the word bathtub in the subject.

> > Thanks,

> > Dan

Block incoming email

Post by Stuar » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

Same answer AFAIK. Exchange 5.5 doesn't allow this. You can use it to scrub
the database for file attachments, but by the time they've got that far it
really a bit late. I believe that stopping them first is a much better idea,
anything else is a workaround.

Stuart

> Can Exchange block by extension or do I have to gain that ability through
> 3rd party also?

> > Third-party solutions only I'm afraid. Subject line is not a good way of
> > blocking LoveBug type emails though. Attachment type is better. We are
> using
> > MailWall (www.omniquad.com) which can do both, and more besides.

> > Stuart

> > > I would like to know how to block incoming email by what is in the
> subject
> > > line.

> > > Ex:  Say the subject has "bathtub" in the subject.  I want to block
all
> > > emails that have the word bathtub in the subject.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Dan

Block incoming email

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 24 May 2000 04:00:00

3rd party products only.

> Can Exchange block by extension or do I have to gain that ability through a
> 3rd party also?

> > Third-party solutions only I'm afraid. Subject line is not a good way of
> > blocking LoveBug type emails though. Attachment type is better. We are
> using
> > MailWall (www.omniquad.com) which can do both, and more besides.

> > Stuart

> > > I would like to know how to block incoming email by what is in the
> subject
> > > line.

> > > Ex:  Say the subject has "bathtub" in the subject.  I want to block all
> > > emails that have the word bathtub in the subject.

> > > Thanks,

> > > Dan

group).

Kirill

1. Blocking incoming emails for internal email users

Hi,

I have blocked some internal users from sending out emails to Internet. They
still receive internet email from outside, despite I scrambled their SMTP
address.

What is the best way to stop them from receiving internet emails?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Jon

2. Exchange 5.5 Move Server Wizard questions

3. Email attack or how to block incoming emails

4. Gal, multiple containers and replication : Additional tests/info

5. Blocking incoming email from specific address

6. FQDN in IIS SMTP Virtual Server

7. block incoming emails

8. Downgrade 2000 to 5.5

9. blocking incoming emails

10. Blocking incoming emails

11. Norton Firewall blocks incoming email

12. blocking incoming emails

13. Block incoming emails