Org Name Change

Post by m1gun.. » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00

We'll be working over the weekend to change the Organization name of
our Exch server (5.5 sp3)  Plan on using the Move Server Wizard.  Was
wondering if anybody out there has any helpful hints/tips/things to
avoid, etc.  Welcome any horror stories/victorious tales also.  Are
there any other tools out there that may be of use in this scenario?
Thanks in advance.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Org Name Change

Post by Michael Abbaticchi » Wed, 18 Oct 2000 04:00:00

If you only need to make a cosmetic change, you could save a lot of work by
changing the Organization display name only.

--
Michael Abbaticchio
Exchange Administrator

> We'll be working over the weekend to change the Organization name of
> our Exch server (5.5 sp3)  Plan on using the Move Server Wizard.  Was
> wondering if anybody out there has any helpful hints/tips/things to
> avoid, etc.  Welcome any horror stories/victorious tales also.  Are
> there any other tools out there that may be of use in this scenario?
> Thanks in advance.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Org Name Change

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:52:20

> I never have understood why people get so hung up on the Organization name.
> It has zero functionality, and it might as well be named "blahblahblah".

Not exactly correct - it is used when you establish Directory Replication
between sites.

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

Org Name Change

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> Right, I get that.  But why go through the trouble of changing it (aside
> from just changing the display name)?  It isn't worth the effort.

This is correct - no need to change it.

Quote:> <snip>

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

1. Impact of site/org name change?

Does anyone know of any negative consequences of changing the Exchange 5.5
organization / site display names? I have "_" and "." characters I need to
remove before adding an Exchange 2000 server to the site.
(this is in a production environment)

Thanks!

2. Newsgroups access

3. site/org name change

4. Inbox repair tool crashing

5. Site and Org name changes

6. Internet Mail Service Hung on startup, Need help

7. Site and Org name change

8. EventID 17220: Unknown SMTP command generated by ISA

9. ORG Name changing

10. Org Name Change..

11. Site connectors when Organisation name is different/changing org name

12. How to change the Org and Site name on a exchange server 5.5

13. Changing Org Name