IMS Extension & Disclaimer

Post by » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have read that, using the IMS Extension in Exchange 5.5, I can add a
disclaimer message to all my outgoing email messages.  My problem is that I
can't find any documentation that explains how to do this.  I have install
the extension, but can't find out how to add the message.  Any help will be
appreciated.

IMS Extension & Disclaimer

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>I have read that, using the IMS Extension in Exchange 5.5, I can add a
>disclaimer message to all my outgoing email messages.  My problem is that I
>can't find any documentation that explains how to do this.  I have install
>the extension, but can't find out how to add the message.  Any help will be
>appreciated.

The documentation is in the Docs directory on the BORK 4.5 CD.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

IMS Extension & Disclaimer

Post by » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have checked that documentation, it talks about routing to other servers,
but does not indicate where to add the message.  We have only one Exchange
server.

> >I have read that, using the IMS Extension in Exchange 5.5, I can add a
> >disclaimer message to all my outgoing email messages.  My problem is that
> >can't find any documentation that explains how to do this.  I have
install
> >the extension, but can't find out how to add the message.  Any help will
be
> >appreciated.

> The documentation is in the Docs directory on the BORK 4.5 CD.

> ------------------
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE, Exchange MVP

IMS Extension & Disclaimer

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>I have checked that documentation, it talks about routing to other servers,
>but does not indicate where to add the message.  We have only one Exchange
>server.

I think you're looking at the docs for the imCext and not the imSext.
The IMSEXT isn't a routing extension.

Look in the i386\docs\exchtool.chm file, under Admnistration tools  in
the "Contents" tab.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

1. E-mail disclaimer using IMS extension

Hi,

I am using IMS extension to build company disclaimer (Exchange 5.5 SP3 on
NT4.0 server). It works ok; however, I found a problem with this method, for
example, I send an e-mail to my friend, Exchange Server add disclaimer to my
e-mail, my friend reply my e-mail, if I reply to my friend's reply, Exchange
will add another disclaimer at the end of the e-mail. With this methods, I
may have many disclaimer at the end. Anyone has this experiences too and is
there any solution for this so that only 1 disclaimer will be added to the
e-mail?

Thanks,

Michael

2. Use of MessageFilter in CDO for combined queries

3. IMS Extension for corporate Disclaimer

4. Recovering deleted msgs from pst

5. IMS extensions and disclaimer statment

6. How to change domain name of Exchange Server 5.0?

7. IMS Extension Dll

8. non DAV properties

9. Event 7 IMS Extension

10. Exchange IMS Extension Dll

11. Using - IMS Extension

12. Problem with the IMS extensions - Need hex file version No

13. IMS Extension