documentation

Post by Kevi » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Is there a tool (MS or third party) that can document an installation of
Exchange after the fact?  We all know how important the little things (such
as org name) are when trying to do a recovery.  What if I walk into a new
client site, they have Exchange running, but no docs.  I want to increase
their chances of recovering from disaster.  I'd like to generate a document
with all information needed for recovery, without simply going thru the
configuration and capturing screen prints everywhere.

Ideas?

documentation

Post by Wesley Peace [MVP » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Interesting tool, but it does not exist.

Much of what you want has to be obtained manually.  Then of course that's why they pay consultants big bucks! *-)  [...or do they?]

___________________________
Wesley H. Peace III

Microsoft Exchange/BackOffice MVP
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle' - Fr. James Keller

>Is there a tool (MS or third party) that can document an installation of
>Exchange after the fact?  We all know how important the little things (such
>as org name) are when trying to do a recovery.  What if I walk into a new
>client site, they have Exchange running, but no docs.  I want to increase
>their chances of recovering from disaster.  I'd like to generate a document
>with all information needed for recovery, without simply going thru the
>configuration and capturing screen prints everywhere.

>Ideas?

documentation

Post by Kevi » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I was afraid someone would say that.  If I get someone to write this tool,
would it be worth a typical shareware price to admins?

(That is what gives people the impression that consultants make big bucks!)

<Interesting tool, but it does not exist.
<
<Much of what you want has to be obtained manually.  Then of course <that's
why they pay consultants big bucks! *-)  [...or do they?]

___________________________
Wesley H. Peace III

Microsoft Exchange/BackOffice MVP
A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle' - Fr. James Keller

>Is there a tool (MS or third party) that can document an installation of
>Exchange after the fact?  We all know how important the little things (such
>as org name) are when trying to do a recovery.  What if I walk into a new
>client site, they have Exchange running, but no docs.  I want to increase
>their chances of recovering from disaster.  I'd like to generate a document
>with all information needed for recovery, without simply going thru the
>configuration and capturing screen prints everywhere.

>Ideas?

1. Need Exchange Server 5.5 SDK Documentation

Hello there,
I am developing Exchange Server 5.5 application using the
cdo.dll 1.21 and need the SDK documentation. If someone
can tell me where it can be downloaded or send me the
documentation, it will be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Yuping

2. Archiving all inbound and outbound mail

3. CDO Documentation

4. GroupWise 4.x to Exchange 5.5 Migration

5. documentation on OWA URL's

6. Exchange 4.0 enterprize ed. DSAMAIN.exe error

7. Documentation on creating connectors?

8. Mailbox Resources and "Total Number of Items"

9. registry editore documentation

10. Documentation on MS Exchange Server

11. Documentation on IMC extension DLLs?

12. CDO and C++ documentation?

13. Documentation about IMC extensions DLLs?