MOVE MAILBOXES BETWEEN SERVERS

Post by Philippe dhon » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

hi,

I have the same  problem like the person some messages above.
I copied priv.edb (ntfs 5.5 GB) to a client (fat32 ==>1.27 GB) and then to a
new server (ntfs) and here it is also only 1.27 GB
i followed the microsoft sheets -move exchange to a new server with the same
name- and i tested this with a new priv.edb (deleting everything, add new
data and restoring original data) and it worked.
When i go to c:\exchsrvr\bin and i type isinteg -patch i get the following
error:

THE PRIVATE STOR COULD NOT BE UPDATED. REASEN:
JET_errDiskIO

I first started  Microsoft Exchange directory and Microsoft Exchange System
attendant.
I think that this fault comes from the change in size.
How can u workaround this problem ???????

thnx

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> hi,

> I have the same  problem like the person some messages above.

Then solution is the same.

Quote:

> I copied priv.edb (ntfs 5.5 GB) to a client (fat32 ==>1.27 GB) and then to a
> new server (ntfs) and here it is also only 1.27 GB

So you stopped all Exchange services and copied the file? And file size
decreased? When it decreased, after you stopped services or after you copied it?

Why you did that?
Are there any error events in Sys or App Event log?

Quote:

> i followed the microsoft sheets -move exchange to a new server with the same
> name- and i tested this with a new priv.edb (deleting everything, add new
> data and restoring original data) and it worked.
> When i go to c:\exchsrvr\bin and i type isinteg -patch i get the following
> error:

> THE PRIVATE STOR COULD NOT BE UPDATED. REASEN:
> JET_errDiskIO

That means disk failure - bad cluster or somethnig of this nature.

Quote:

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

MOVE MAILBOXES BETWEEN SERVERS

Post by Philippe dhon » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Thnx for replying

the file size decreased after copying over the network.
I stopped the services on the server, copied all and priv.edb on the same
server and priv.edb is 5.5 GB
Then i start the sevices so that everybody can go on and i have now a good
copy from 5.5 gb.
Then i copy all from my workstation.
When i copy the file, crunch the file (winace),...  the file is always less
when i copy it and the other files are ok.
I have an error in event viewer - system ==> 7024 ==> The Microsoft Exchange
Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 4294966274.
this comes when i start the services

> > hi,

> > I have the same  problem like the person some messages above.

> Then solution is the same.

> > I copied priv.edb (ntfs 5.5 GB) to a client (fat32 ==>1.27 GB) and then
to a
> > new server (ntfs) and here it is also only 1.27 GB

> So you stopped all Exchange services and copied the file? And file size
> decreased? When it decreased, after you stopped services or after you
copied it?

> Why you did that?
> Are there any error events in Sys or App Event log?

> > i followed the microsoft sheets -move exchange to a new server with the
same
> > name- and i tested this with a new priv.edb (deleting everything, add
new
> > data and restoring original data) and it worked.
> > When i go to c:\exchsrvr\bin and i type isinteg -patch i get the
following
> > error:

> > THE PRIVATE STOR COULD NOT BE UPDATED. REASEN:
> > JET_errDiskIO

> That means disk failure - bad cluster or somethnig of this nature.

> > I first started  Microsoft Exchange directory and Microsoft Exchange
System
> > attendant.
> > I think that this fault comes from the change in size.
> > How can u workaround this problem ???????

> > thnx

> --
> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do
so.
> And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

MOVE MAILBOXES BETWEEN SERVERS

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> Thnx for replying

> the file size decreased after copying over the network.
> I stopped the services on the server, copied all and priv.edb on the same
> server and priv.edb is 5.5 GB
> Then i start the sevices so that everybody can go on and i have now a good
> copy from 5.5 gb.
> Then i copy all from my workstation.
> When i copy the file, crunch the file (winace),...  the file is always less
> when i copy it and the other files are ok.

What the heck is winace?

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

MOVE MAILBOXES BETWEEN SERVERS

Post by Philippe dhon » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

winace is something like winzip, i was just trying to crunch but this method
also failed (winace can crunch several GB's and winzip can't)
But i made from my new PDC a BDC (registry) and i'm copying again and it
seems to go better, but i'll wait and see.

> > Thnx for replying

> > the file size decreased after copying over the network.
> > I stopped the services on the server, copied all and priv.edb on the
same
> > server and priv.edb is 5.5 GB
> > Then i start the sevices so that everybody can go on and i have now a
good
> > copy from 5.5 gb.
> > Then i copy all from my workstation.
> > When i copy the file, crunch the file (winace),...  the file is always
less
> > when i copy it and the other files are ok.

> What the heck is winace?

> > I have an error in event viewer - system ==> 7024 ==> The Microsoft
Exchange
> > Information Store service terminated with service-specific error
4294966274.
> > this comes when i start the services

message

> > > Then solution is the same.

> > to a

> > > So you stopped all Exchange services and copied the file? And file
size
> > > decreased? When it decreased, after you stopped services or after you
> > copied it?

> > > Why you did that?
> > > Are there any error events in Sys or App Event log?

> > same
> > new
> > following

> > > That means disk failure - bad cluster or somethnig of this nature.

> > System

> > > --
> > > If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to
do
> > so.
> > > And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can
participate.

> > > Kirill

> --
> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do
so.
> And please, keep all discussions in NG, so that everybody can participate.

> Kirill

1. Moving mailboxes between servers

I need to move exchange 2000 sp3 from one server to the other at one of our
small offices, there are about 14 users currently using it, it's also the
DC.

After some research, I found this article
http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxa.htm, it's based on Ed Crowley's
5.5 Exchange 2000 Move Server Method.

I'm currently staging this on two separate servers, when I got to this step:

9. Change the default Public Store for the existing Exchange server to the
new Exchange Server. This is done on the General tab of the Mailbox Store in
the Exchange System Manager. Once this change is completed all new public
folders created by users on this mailbox store will be created on the new
server. (Repeat this for each mailbox store defined).

Nothing happened, the mailboxes didn't replicate, I gave it a few hours, and
nothing. Should it have replicated the mailboxes instantly? Has anybody
tried this method? Is there a better method?

TIA

ivo

2. Slow Response from Exchange 5.0 when opening a meeting request

3. Move mailboxes to server in another forest

4. CDOSYS help required - Urgent

5. move mailboxes between servers

6. Limit to simultaneous logins on one usrid?

7. Moving mailboxes between servers

8. BINHEX 4.0 Problems

9. Issues in moving mailboxes across servers

10. Trouble Moving Mailboxes between servers within a site

11. Moving mailboxes between servers at different sites

12. moving mailboxes between servers