Append Privacy Statement to all Outgoing Internet E-Mail

Append Privacy Statement to all Outgoing Internet E-Mail

Post by Michael Porte » Wed, 02 May 2001 08:09:00

The answer is in the KB I believe. I don't have it here with me.

However, before you go stamping all your emails with a silly privacy
statement, remember that no one is going to read it or pay attention to it.
Our legal department requires this statement as well, and many employees
have reduced it to 1 point type.

Nobody cares about privacy statements except lawyers!

--Mike

I have WinNT Server v4.0 with sp 6, and Exchange Server v5.5 with sp 3.

I need to figure out how to paste a few lines of text to the bottom of every
outgoing Internet e-mail.  I know it can be done because I get e-mails with
privacy statements stamped on the bottom of them all the time.

I can't find anything in the Exchange docs, nothing in the MS Knowledgebase,
no
help from so-called Exchange experts at our hardware vendor.

Please help if anyone knows how to do this.

Post by Mario Alcara » Wed, 02 May 2001 08:27:08

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q258/2/06.ASP

I have WinNT Server v4.0 with sp 6, and Exchange Server v5.5 with sp 3.

I need to figure out how to paste a few lines of text to the bottom of every
outgoing Internet e-mail.  I know it can be done because I get e-mails with
privacy statements stamped on the bottom of them all the time.

I can't find anything in the Exchange docs, nothing in the MS Knowledgebase,
no
help from so-called Exchange experts at our hardware vendor.

Please help if anyone knows how to do this.

Append Privacy Statement to all Outgoing Internet E-Mail

Post by ROU Dead of Nigh » Wed, 02 May 2001 17:27:52

Using the IMS Extension DLL
http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=8259

WD: Rich Text Format (RTF) Specification 1.6
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q86/9/99.ASP

Attach a Disclaimer to all Outbound Mail
http://networking.brainbuzz.com/techcenters/categories.asp?tc=S1T12&c...