Global Address Book, adding non-users SMTP addresses???

Global Address Book, adding non-users SMTP addresses???

Post by D » Wed, 04 Jun 1997 04:00:00

We are using Exchange 4.0 SP2 on a NT4.0 Server.  Exchange Client is
installed on all workstations along with Outlook 97.  ALL(???) we want
to do is add about seven e-mail address to the global address book.  I
have tried add them by openning the address book on workstations & on
the Exchange server, it never will allow me to add them.  These
addresses are not for local users on the system, they are just some
internet addresses that everyone in our organization frequently
e-mails to.  I have looked through the manuals and some additional
books and can't find it anywhere.  There must be a way to do this
other than creating user accounts for them in Exchange and than
editing their e-mail addresses to reflect their real address.  If
someone knows how to do this please let me know.

Thank You
Douglas

1. add SMTP address to global address book

In Exchange 5.5, this was as easy as it sounds, adding a SMTP email address into
the Global Address List without creating a mailbox.  This address could also be
added to distribution lists.  How and where do I add these SMTP email addresses
with Exchange 2000?

We have consultants out in the field who refuse to use the OWA (or the
authentication keeps going in an awful loop with Netscape browsers) so they are
unable to keep up-to-date.  If I enter their 3rd party SMTP address into our
Global Address List, then add those address to our All Staff email group, all
will be well.  Help!  And thanks in advance!

Dave

2. OWA page not found after SSL

3. How to add SMTP addresses to Global Address book

4. AD Integration with Exchange 5.5 /2000

5. How to add external addresses to the Global Address Book

6. OWA and 5.5 Contacts problem

7. MS Exchange and BCC

8. Adding an address book from outlook to the Global address list in exchange

9. Add addresses to global address book

10. How to add external addresses to the Global Address Book

11. Adding addresses to global address book from Outlook

12. Adding users to global address book from Exchange client