OWA with multiple Exchange 2000 servers?

OWA with multiple Exchange 2000 servers?

Post by Luis Meji » Sat, 15 Sep 2001 22:54:51

I've got a situation where I have 2 Exchange 2000 Servers running and
if I put any mailbox on the 2nd one (in CA) then you can't get to it
via OWA from outside. If I move the mailbox back to the 1st one (in
Boston) I can see it fine via OWA from the outside (or inside) but not
if I put it on the 2nd server. Right now I have all mailboxes on the
first one but I want to be able to spread these out with multiple
servers. Any ideas and please let me know what you need for more info.
TIA,
LM
1st server - 172.16.14.19 with link thru firewall to public address
2nd server - 172.16.46.2 with no outside reference

OWA with multiple Exchange 2000 servers?

Post by John Oliver, Jr » Sun, 16 Sep 2001 00:26:43

Look at Front-end Back-end for Exchange 2000 Enterprise Version.

Quote:> I've got a situation where I have 2 Exchange 2000 Servers running and
> if I put any mailbox on the 2nd one (in CA) then you can't get to it
> via OWA from outside. If I move the mailbox back to the 1st one (in
> Boston) I can see it fine via OWA from the outside (or inside) but not
> if I put it on the 2nd server. Right now I have all mailboxes on the
> first one but I want to be able to spread these out with multiple
> servers. Any ideas and please let me know what you need for more info.
> TIA,
> LM
> 1st server - 172.16.14.19 with link thru firewall to public address
> 2nd server - 172.16.46.2 with no outside reference

1. Multiple Exchange 2000 Servers using same OWA server

Here is the situation....

14 sites, all in the same domain, all with their own exchange insall
hosting mail for the users at that site.  We have OWA setup in our
firewall to allow people to access it via the web. When you visit the
OWA from the web, people in our main site (The one the firewall is
pointing too) it works perfect but when people outside of that site
visit it, it redirects them to the internal name for their sites
server.  Is there anyway to relay this from the main server, meaning
allowing people from other sites view their mail from the main site?
Im at a loss right now.

2. Exchange Backup onto Harddisk

3. 1 OWA server for multiple Exchange server in multiple domains

4. SMTP instead of EX?

5. Exchange 2000 server for multiple Windows 2000 domains

6. Connection Hell

7. Exchange 2000 OWA - Multiple logon requests

8. Deleted folder in mailbox on server- is it retrievable???

9. Exchange 2000 Multiple Exchange Servers

10. Exchange 2000, OWA, multiple address books

11. Exchange 2000 on W2K, OWA and multiple Storage Groups

12. One OWA server serving multiple Exchange servers....How???