Converting from Domino R5 to Exchange 2000

Converting from Domino R5 to Exchange 2000

Post by bxtr » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 00:10:35

Our organization will be converting from Domino R5 to Exchange 2000
before the end of the calendar year.  I believe I have a general
understanding of what will and what will not convert from Domino to
E2K.  I believe the active users' mail files will convert.  I believe
3rd party software tools are required to convert local archive files
and the personal address books.  What about mail-in databases we have
created?  Is it possible to convert these to public folders allowing
only certain users to have access?  We have some group calendars
housed on the Domino server which are used by various sections to keep
track of employees on leave.  Is it possible to convert these?  How
about the Resource Reservation database?

Any and all hints and tips appreciated.

TIA,

bxtr

Converting from Domino R5 to Exchange 2000

Post by Henr » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 07:39:04

I am curious - why are you changing from Domino?

Quote:> Our organization will be converting from Domino R5 to Exchange 2000
> before the end of the calendar year.  I believe I have a general
> understanding of what will and what will not convert from Domino to
> E2K.  I believe the active users' mail files will convert.  I believe
> 3rd party software tools are required to convert local archive files
> and the personal address books.  What about mail-in databases we have
> created?  Is it possible to convert these to public folders allowing
> only certain users to have access?  We have some group calendars
> housed on the Domino server which are used by various sections to keep
> track of employees on leave.  Is it possible to convert these?  How
> about the Resource Reservation database?

> Any and all hints and tips appreciated.

> TIA,

> bxtr

Converting from Domino R5 to Exchange 2000

Our main headquarters has mandated the change.