Outlook Security Features Administrative Package Performance Problems

Outlook Security Features Administrative Package Performance Problems

Post by Ro » Fri, 06 Sep 2002 00:11:34

I installed the Outlook Security Features Administrative Package,
according to the instructions.  While it has worked as far as
suppressing the security warning dialog boxes, it has slowed the
opening of any forms that has any of the security offending code
affiliated with it to the point that the application is essentially
useless.  Some forms with the offending code take about thirty seconds
to open.

Forms without the security offending code opens up in less than a
second.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?  I have read
the help on slipstick.com and microsoft's technet thoroughly enough to
say that I don't think there is something that I missed on those
sites.

Here are the particulars of my setup.
Outlook XP.

Exchange 2000.

Application code written in VBScript.

Scripts set up as agents on Outlook XP.

The settings on the Outlook Sec. Admin. Package, "Default Security for
All users" or "Security Settings for Exception Group" don't seem to
matter as far as performance goes.  Either one is terrible.  :)

I set up the registry key on the machine.

Outlook 2002 and Exchange 2000 are running on the same machine (test
machine for now).

I have the "Outlook Security Settings" folder set up under the "All
Public Folders" folder.

I don't know if this is pertinent to my performance problem, but when
I go to open the Outlook Security Features Administrative Package
form, I get a "Could not load object because it is not available on
this machine" before it loads right up.  Then when I go to publish it,
it is pointing to my "Outlook Folders" folder instead of my "Outlook
Security Settings" folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ron

1. Outlook Security Features Administrative Package Performance Problems

[...]

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ron

2. Exchange 5.0 lockups

3. Outlook Security Features Administrative Package

4. SQL utilities for your use

5. Outlook 2002 Security Administration package problem

6. Can I walk up and tell if a Ex2000 box was upgraded from Ex5.5?

7. Outlook security feature

8. Exchange 2000 Lisencing Help!!!

9. control Outlook 2002 security features with admpack

10. Post NT4 SP6a Security Rollup Package (Q299444)

11. Outlook 2002 Quick Find Feature Problem

12. OWA Login: Security Glitch or Feature?

13. SR1 Security Features