Stripping Internet Attachments

Post by RAC » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

We are using Exchange 5.5 SP2, NT 4.0 SP5 and I heard at the Microsoft
seminar yesterday there is a way to strip attachments received via the
Internet based on the extension in the Internet Mail Connector, but I cannot
find the place to configure this.  Does anyone know where I can find
documentation or where to configure this?

Thanks in advance

Renee Carlton

Stripping Internet Attachments

Post by Ed Crowle » Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:00:00

You should have asked them how to do it, then.  I do not believe that this
feature is in the product.
--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
Senior Consultant

Quote:> We are using Exchange 5.5 SP2, NT 4.0 SP5 and I heard at the Microsoft
> seminar yesterday there is a way to strip attachments received via the
> Internet based on the extension in the Internet Mail Connector, but I
cannot
> find the place to configure this.  Does anyone know where I can find
> documentation or where to configure this?

> Thanks in advance

> Renee Carlton

1. stripping attachments off email into file directory

I have used saveatt from CDOlive to strip attachments off email and save the
files into a file directory..the only problem I have is that if the filename
is the same it does not save it as a copy but overwrites the original
file...anyone have a suggestion for how to edit the script or if another one
exists out there...

thanku

--
FRANK MARESCO

3. Stripping Attachment from Exchange Message

4. Please someone help! OWA troubles

5. Stripping attachments from email

6. Error 1069 with Mailbox Cleanup Agent

7. How to strip the attachment from undeliverable message which return to sender

8. User Name from Exch55 to new Active Directory.

9. text and attachments being stripped

10. Redirection of mail and stripping attachments

11. OWA stripping attachments ?

12. Stripping out attachments when forwarding

13. SP1 strips attachments of any EXE's