Null Sender Address spam

Post by SomeDumbGu » Wed, 31 May 2000 04:00:00

My new company was running Exchange 5.0 and wound up on a spammers relay
list. I have recently upgraded to 5.5 sp3 but I still see messages in the q
with a address of <> and when I log the smtp interface I see mail being sent
with a Mail From:<>. I have gone through the is your server relay-secure
document and found nothing on the null address. Is there some way to block
all bogus mail addresses ?

Thanks

Null Sender Address spam

Post by Chris Scharf » Wed, 31 May 2000 04:00:00

On Tue, 30 May 2000 17:22:12 -0600,  "SomeDumbGuy"

>My new company was running Exchange 5.0 and wound up on a spammers relay
>list. I have recently upgraded to 5.5 sp3 but I still see messages in the q
>with a address of <> and when I log the smtp interface I see mail being sent
>with a Mail From:<>. I have gone through the is your server relay-secure
>document and found nothing on the null address. Is there some way to block
>all bogus mail addresses ?

A null sender is a bogus address. It's role is described in the link
in my sig as well as RFC821.

--
Chris Scharff, MVP-Exchange
Senior Systems Consultant