Remove "delete" items from the server

Post by Marlon Brow » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:57:20

My clients leave their Outlook 2000 or Outlook 2002 with default for
"deleted items" e-mail.

I want to clear all delete items from user machines as soon as possible. I
do not want clients to have any recoverable items once they cleared deleted
items.

I am aware that I could leave Outlook 2000/2002 set to eliminate deleted
items at Outlook shutdown.

How can I do that from the server side ?

Remove "delete" items from the server

Post by Marlon Brow » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 01:19:32

Ok, I just found the information on the server; yes, basically I can go to
AD Users & Computer and configure to do not save the 'deleted' items on the
server. Thanks. MB.

Quote:> My clients leave their Outlook 2000 or Outlook 2002 with default for
> "deleted items" e-mail.

> I want to clear all delete items from user machines as soon as possible. I
> do not want clients to have any recoverable items once they cleared
deleted
> items.

> I am aware that I could leave Outlook 2000/2002 set to eliminate deleted
> items at Outlook shutdown.

> How can I do that from the server side ?

1. Remove old "Deleted Items" automatically

We have a desperate need to automatically remove items from users' "Deleted
Items" folders.  Ideally, we'd like to automatically remove any item in
"Deleted Items" that is over 30 days old.  Does anyone know of such a
utility, or could provide hints on how to write one?  TIA.

--Mike

2. Responders

3. Cant delete "deleted items"

4. bulk mail

5. Please Help""""""""""""""

6. Exchange and SQL on same server

7. Permissions for "deleted items container"

8. Migrating 5.5 to 2000

9. Empty "Deleted Items"

10. Empty "Deleted Items" folder stalls

11. Prevent "Recover Deleted Items" Purging

12. Automatic Deletion of "Deleted Items"