Can't receive internet email from Japan. Urgent! Please help!

Can't receive internet email from Japan. Urgent! Please help!

Post by Theo Byass » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi fellow Exchangers,

We have MS Exchange Server (service pack 2) running on a dedicated NT 3.51
server with the Internet Mail Connector. Everything works great sending
and receiving internet email, EXCEPT:

When receiving internet email from Japan or Europe (France), I get an
administrative alert: "Notification: Inbound Mail Failure - Message could
not be processed" with a message.txt attachment. I then have to manually
forward the message to the intended recipient even though their email
address is correct from the sender.

This happens if the message is in english or japanese. If it's in
japanese, there is something lost in a conversion somewhere and the text
is not usable.

It seems to have something to do with the encoding. I've included a header
from one of the messages. Can anyone help?

Thank you,

***********Header information*****************

 with SMTP (Apple Internet Mail Server 1.1.1); Thu, 5 Dec 1996 18:15:03 +0000

Subject: *Sound FX EPS file required

Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 18:15:03 +0000

--
Theo Byassee
Technical Services Manager

web: http://www.*sound.com

1. can't receive internet email w/ windows messaging--ok w/ exchange--PLEASE HELP

have had no problem sending and receiving internet email using exchange
4.0 on lan workstations (gateway 2000 p133's) running windows 95 (gateway
"server" running nt 3.51).  just got a new dell p133 with oem release 2
windows 95, which has windows messaging 4.0 instead of microsoft exchange
4.0.  can SEND internet email, but CANNOT RECEIVE any on this pc.  i set
up both pcs for mail.  PLEASE HELP.

2. Internet mail attachments

3. Can't receive email - PLEASE PLEASE HELP

4. STORE service stop with an error code of "4294967041"

5. I can send, but can't receive email (please help)

6. Need help with public folder application

7. Can't receive email PLEASE HELP!

8. Remote user, The specified default store could not be opened...

9. Errors receiving SMTP email from host in Japan.

10. Can send Internet email, but can't receive incoming Inernet emails

11. evnet ID 4083 urgent, urgent, urgent......help, help....very urgent

12. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

13. urgent: outgoing email probs, please help