MTA Error

Post by true » Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:18:47

We have been receiving the following event in the
Application Log. The two servers are on the same LAN.
The "remote server" was off line for a month but is now
back on line. I have moved all the folders and mailboxes
from the remote server to the one generating the error.
Then if was off line.

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   MSExchangeMTA
Event Category: Interface
Event ID:       9318
Date:           10/28/2003
Time:           3:55:51 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       SERVERNAME
An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over
RPC. Locality Table (LTAB) index: 220, NT/MTA error code:
1722. Comms error       1722,   Bind error      0,
RemoteServer Name REMOTESERVER [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10] (14)

MTA Error

Post by cass Anderson[MSFT » Sat, 01 Nov 2003 03:26:53

True,

Not knowing what Exchange version, Service Pack level or accompanying Event
ID's in the Application log or system log (if any), I suggest the following
Knowledge Base articles may assist in the resolution to this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];261251

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];303156

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];279537

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];170056

If none of the above article are of assistance a bit more information would
be helpful. Best regards,

--
Caster J.  Anderson,  A+, MCSE

"please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only?
Exchange Messaging  Support

Quote:> We have been receiving the following event in the
> Application Log. The two servers are on the same LAN.
> The "remote server" was off line for a month but is now
> back on line. I have moved all the folders and mailboxes
> from the remote server to the one generating the error.
> Then if was off line.

> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: MSExchangeMTA
> Event Category: Interface
> Event ID: 9318
> Date: 10/28/2003
> Time: 3:55:51 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: SERVERNAME
> An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over
> RPC. Locality Table (LTAB) index: 220, NT/MTA error code:
> 1722. Comms error 1722, Bind error 0,
> RemoteServer Name REMOTESERVER [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10] (14)

1. MTA Errors 290 and Errors 8516.

I work for an organization with 110 sites.
All of a sudden I notice a Non Delivery Report generated by the MTA on one of my
servers in one of the site I administer. The related Event-ID is 290 and it
reports literally "reason code transfer-failure and diagnostic code content-type-
not-supoported" along with other MTA detailed data.
In addition anther Event-ID 8516 is generated with the explanation "The delivery
of the message failed because the message's content type was incorrect. A non-
delivery report is being sent to the message's originator."
All I found on Technet (but I do not have the latest issues with me) is that the
problem has been reported and fixed by Exchange SP3, which I have installed and
now re-installed with no success.
What is even worse is that the NDR is generated in response to mail sent to
certain mailboxes within my site and from a specific site within the Organization.
The message sent by the same user from that site can easily be sent to other
receipients on my servers without any problem.
All mailboxes have the same configuration and there is no limitations or
difference in the configuration.

Any help would be greatelly appreciated!

2. Exchange system management tools on XP

3. MTA Error... "internal MTA error..."

4. Blocking Access to Internal Mail groups

5. MTA Errors

6. unresolved external symbol _IID_IMailMsgPropertyManagement

7. MTA Errors, and file growth out of control

8. Re-where is the the log

9. MTA error

10. MTA Errors with RAS Connectors

11. MTA Error PLEASE HELP!