can't see a public folder i've created

can't see a public folder i've created

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:21:37



Did you create it in the Default Public Folder store, if not you will not be
able to see it via a MAPI client.

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange 2000 MVP
Pentech Office Solutions Inc
www.4mcts.com
Visit www.msexchange.org for practical information on Microsoft Exchange

--- Please respond to this newsgroup and not directly via Email ---

Quote:> I created a new public folder called sales in Exchange 2000. I can see it
in
> the exchange MMC but can't see it from any outlook clients, even the
> administrators.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks,
> Andrew

 
 
 

can't see a public folder i've created

Post by Andrew Myer » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:18:44


I created a new public folder called sales in Exchange 2000. I can see it in
the exchange MMC but can't see it from any outlook clients, even the
administrators.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew

 
 
 

can't see a public folder i've created

Post by Andrew Myer » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:53:33


I'm trying to create a seperate store for managing sales contacts. I need a
seperate journal and contacts folder. What would be the best way to go about
this?



> OK, so that is why you cannot see it via Outlook, if you create a new
Public
> Folder Store any folders you place inside of it are only visible using
HTTP
> or NNTP and not MAPI, you would need to create the folder under "Public
> Folders" if you want your Outlook users to have access to it.

> --
> Mark Fugatt


> > I attached a small screen shot of what I did. I guess it isnt really a
> > "folder". "Public Folder Tree".



> > > Did you create it in the Default Public Folder store, if not you will
> not
> > be
> > > able to see it via a MAPI client.

> > > --
> > > Mark Fugatt
> > > Exchange 2000 MVP
> > > Pentech Office Solutions Inc
> > > www.4mcts.com
> > > Visit www.msexchange.org for practical information on Microsoft
Exchange

> > > --- Please respond to this newsgroup and not directly via Email ---


> > > > I created a new public folder called sales in Exchange 2000. I can
see
> > it
> > > in
> > > > the exchange MMC but can't see it from any outlook clients, even the
> > > > administrators.

> > > > Any ideas?

> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Andrew

 
 
 

can't see a public folder i've created

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:46:55


OK, so that is why you cannot see it via Outlook, if you create a new Public
Folder Store any folders you place inside of it are only visible using HTTP
or NNTP and not MAPI, you would need to create the folder under "Public
Folders" if you want your Outlook users to have access to it.

--
Mark Fugatt

> I attached a small screen shot of what I did. I guess it isnt really a
> "folder". "Public Folder Tree".



> > Did you create it in the Default Public Folder store, if not you will
not
> be
> > able to see it via a MAPI client.

> > --
> > Mark Fugatt
> > Exchange 2000 MVP
> > Pentech Office Solutions Inc
> > www.4mcts.com
> > Visit www.msexchange.org for practical information on Microsoft Exchange

> > --- Please respond to this newsgroup and not directly via Email ---


> > > I created a new public folder called sales in Exchange 2000. I can see
> it
> > in
> > > the exchange MMC but can't see it from any outlook clients, even the
> > > administrators.

> > > Any ideas?

> > > Thanks,
> > > Andrew

 
 
 

can't see a public folder i've created

Post by Mark Fugatt [MVP » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 04:19:42


If you want your users to be able to access them using Outlook (MAPI) then
you will need to create them under the "Public Folder" store and set the
permissions so they are only accessible/visible to the users you want.

--
Mark Fugatt

> I'm trying to create a seperate store for managing sales contacts. I need
a
> seperate journal and contacts folder. What would be the best way to go
about
> this?



> > OK, so that is why you cannot see it via Outlook, if you create a new
> Public
> > Folder Store any folders you place inside of it are only visible using
> HTTP
> > or NNTP and not MAPI, you would need to create the folder under "Public
> > Folders" if you want your Outlook users to have access to it.

> > --
> > Mark Fugatt


> > > I attached a small screen shot of what I did. I guess it isnt really a
> > > "folder". "Public Folder Tree".



> > > > Did you create it in the Default Public Folder store, if not you
will
> > not
> > > be
> > > > able to see it via a MAPI client.

> > > > --
> > > > Mark Fugatt
> > > > Exchange 2000 MVP
> > > > Pentech Office Solutions Inc
> > > > www.4mcts.com
> > > > Visit www.msexchange.org for practical information on Microsoft
> Exchange

> > > > --- Please respond to this newsgroup and not directly via Email ---


> > > > > I created a new public folder called sales in Exchange 2000. I can
> see
> > > it
> > > > in
> > > > > the exchange MMC but can't see it from any outlook clients, even
the
> > > > > administrators.

> > > > > Any ideas?

> > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > Andrew

 
 
 

can't see a public folder i've created

Post by Andrew Myer » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:39:45


I just wish there was a way to store create "subfolders" instead of having 2
or 3 different contact folders in one tree. Is there anyway to do something
like that???



> If you want your users to be able to access them using Outlook (MAPI) then
> you will need to create them under the "Public Folder" store and set the
> permissions so they are only accessible/visible to the users you want.

> --
> Mark Fugatt


> > I'm trying to create a seperate store for managing sales contacts. I
need
> a
> > seperate journal and contacts folder. What would be the best way to go
> about
> > this?



> > > OK, so that is why you cannot see it via Outlook, if you create a new
> > Public
> > > Folder Store any folders you place inside of it are only visible using
> > HTTP
> > > or NNTP and not MAPI, you would need to create the folder under
"Public
> > > Folders" if you want your Outlook users to have access to it.

> > > --
> > > Mark Fugatt


> > > > I attached a small screen shot of what I did. I guess it isnt really
a
> > > > "folder". "Public Folder Tree".



> > > > > Did you create it in the Default Public Folder store, if not you
> will
> > > not
> > > > be
> > > > > able to see it via a MAPI client.

> > > > > --
> > > > > Mark Fugatt
> > > > > Exchange 2000 MVP
> > > > > Pentech Office Solutions Inc
> > > > > www.4mcts.com
> > > > > Visit www.msexchange.org for practical information on Microsoft
> > Exchange

> > > > > --- Please respond to this newsgroup and not directly via
Email ---


> > > > > > I created a new public folder called sales in Exchange 2000. I
can
> > see
> > > > it
> > > > > in
> > > > > > the exchange MMC but can't see it from any outlook clients, even
> the
> > > > > > administrators.

> > > > > > Any ideas?

> > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > Andrew

 
 
 

1. SPAM Trick I've Not Seen Before

Hello everyone,

I'm getting freakin' SPAM from MYSELF??!!!  (or at least the Webmaster
account)

The message header says it's coming from a server at "$domain" at IP address
204.225.107.50.
I would love to bring down this particular server in a blazing CRASH, but
the law is on the side of the SPAMMER, unfortunately.

I guess my question is 2-fold:
1) How do I filter the domain name $domain in my Exchange 5.5 server?
2) How do I perform a reverse lookup to find the domain name associated with
an IP address (RARP)?

My configuration is thus:
Single Exchange 5.5 Server SP-4
I have implemented the White Paper, "Is Your Exchange Server Relay Secure?"

Thanks,
Rob

2. Outlook Tasks

3. Exchange Administrator- I've seen the light!

4. Threaded Discussions View

5. why i can't see the public folder after i create a public folder

6. WinXP Pro Setup

7. Users Logon/Logoff IMS (POP3 disabled)

8. E2K can't create mail-enabled property of Public folder created on E2K homeserve

9. OWA and SSL, help me please, I've fallen and can't get up

10. mta won't start, I've tried a few things:

11. Help, I've really Boo Boo'd

12. My server breakdown, But I've all files in exhsrvr folder copied, How do I