Exchange Event Service does not start - Error 2140

Exchange Event Service does not start - Error 2140

Post by John Pawso » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 04:55:53

I'm having the above problem on Exchange 5.5 (SP4) (running on NT4 / SP6a).
(I am running Norton Antivirus for Exchange 2.0)

I've found KB-Q285021 which suggests using a different logon account to
start the service.

I've tried this and it still dosen't work.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Exchange Event Service does not start - Error 2140

Post by 2Pro » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:25:51

try this:
XADM: Events Service Fails to Start with MAPI 0x80040107 [Q190993]

Quote:> I'm having the above problem on Exchange 5.5 (SP4) (running on NT4 /

Post by Clemson, Chri » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:05:47

> XADM: Events Service Fails to Start with MAPI 0x80040107 [Q190993]

> > I'm having the above problem on Exchange 5.5 (SP4) (running on NT4 /
> SP6a).
> > (I am running Norton Antivirus for Exchange 2.0)

> > I've found KB-Q285021 which suggests using a different
> logon account to
> > start the service.

> > I've tried this and it still dosen't work.

when did this start happening ?
i've had problems with it since installing SP4.
I get a different MAPI error tho. : 0x80030003
SP4 install screwed up big time as it didn't stop either the virus
killer (Groupshield) or our backup software (backup exec), and loads of
files weren't replaced.

                Chris

1. Event Service not starting Error 2140

Ever since I recovered Exchange 5.5 onto a new machine, I've gotten a
Services dialog box saying it could not start the Microsoft Exchange Event
Service, reporting, "Error 2140: An internal Windows NT error occurred" when
I tried to start the Event Service. The Event Log records the following:

Event ID: 0
Source: MSExchangeES
Type: None
Category: General
successfully.

Event ID: 5
Source: MSExchangeES
Type: Error
Category: General
0x80004005).

Event ID: 1
Source: MSExchangeES
Type: None
Category: General

I searched the TechNet and found

Q182082

When you configure a different server to be the Public Folder server, the
Event Service fails to start and logs the following sequence of events in
the Windows NT Event Log:

Event ID : 0
Source : MSExchangeES
Type : Informational
Category : General
Started successfully.

Event ID : 5
Source : MSExchangeES
Type : Error
Category : General
was [0x80004005].

Event ID : 1
Source : MSExchangeES
Type : Informational
Category : General

We have no other Exchange servers in this Organization. True enough, since I
migrated Exchange to a different machine, it is technically a different
server. But does that mean I can no longer use my Event Service? Is there
something I can do to get my Event Service to work again?

Jim Volpi
Cherokee Information Services, Inc.

2. Address list

3. New Exchange install can't send messages internally

4. 2140 error - can't start exchange event service

5. My NNTP news pull won't download news subject heading older the today's date?

6. Could not start microsoft exchange internet mail connector service - error 2140

7. master account sid

8. error #2140 starting EXCH Event Service

9. MTA not starting NT error 2140 in Event log

10. Can not start Exchnage directory sync service, error 2140

11. Error 2140: NT internal error when starting Directory service

12. Starting ME Internet Mail Service gives error 2140 (Internal Windows Error)